Gaming Looking for an old Win 3.11 advent calendar

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope it's not the case, especially because this is the first good lead that seems to have been posted in this thread, but evidence is mounting that M. gazer1 is probably an AI-powered spambot.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember that advent calendar program! It was called Winter Wonderland and it was made by Intel in 1993. It was a promotional game that came with some of their processors. I used to play it every December on my old 486 PC. It had a lot of fun activities and surprises behind each door. The spaceman was one of them, and he would fly across the screen and say "Happy Holidays from Intel". I still have the floppy disk somewhere, but I don't know if it works on modern computers. It was a great piece of nostalgia and I wish I could find a way to run it again.
It would be cool to get this disk dumped on Archive. I cannot seem to find this anywhere online, so its probably lost media.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope it's not the case, especially because this is the first good lead that seems to have been posted in this thread, but evidence is mounting that M. gazer1 is probably an AI-powered spambot.
Tbh I don't think so. I also had some PMs with him and even though I'm aware of what AIs are capable of (as I use them everyday) I don't think it's the case here. Plus the things that he said about the spaceman are true as far as I remember. He was after the very last door (I verified back that I didn't already mentioned this in the first post explicitely) and flew around the screen, greeting the user somehow.
It would be cool to get this disk dumped on Archive. I cannot seem to find this anywhere online, so its probably lost media.
I've been looking for another big amount of time since I got those new info bits but couldn't find anything either.
Also he claims that he can't find the floppy anywhere.
I'm pretty much clueless/helpless what to do right now. I'd love to just get in touch with INTEL lol, but then again, it's very unlikely even any person from 1993 is still working at that company and that they are aware of that game.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I asked Copilot and this is what he responded:

I searched the web for “windows 3.1 advent calendar program spaceman” and found some possible matches for the program you are looking for. According to some sources, the program was produced by Intel in 1993 and was called “Winter Wonderland”. It was an advent calendar software for Windows 3.x that featured a snowy house with different games behind each door. One of the games was a coloring book with a black and white image of a spaceman. On the 24th of December, the spaceman would fly across the screen

Hope this helps out :))) gl!

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I feel like we're so close on this one! @lordelan Every search pulls up your Reddit post; nothing else is close. I keep running across Incentive Software's 1987 program, but that's about as far as I could go with the keywords "Winter Wonderland", "1993", "Intel", "Windows 3.1", "DOS", "advent", and "software" - not all at once, mind you.

Maybe this year is the year to find it? Miracles can happen, buddy; we just have to keep the faith.
Post automatically merged:

I'd love to just get in touch with INTEL lol, but then again, it's very unlikely even any person from 1993 is still working at that company and that they are aware of that game.
Why not? You've exhausted every other possibility, I assume?

Last edited by HarveyHouston,
  • Love
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I asked Copilot and this is what he responded:

I searched the web for “windows 3.1 advent calendar program spaceman” and found some possible matches for the program you are looking for. According to some sources, the program was produced by Intel in 1993 and was called “Winter Wonderland”. It was an advent calendar software for Windows 3.x that featured a snowy house with different games behind each door. One of the games was a coloring book with a black and white image of a spaceman. On the 24th of December, the spaceman would fly across the screen

Hope this helps out :))) gl!
Thanks but that's literally what I wrote here and on Reddit. :P

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2024-02-24 180223.png

Then, it decides to be cute (IMO stupid, but whatever):
Screenshot 2024-02-24 180415.png

Screenshot 2024-02-24 180827.png

It's response to the last question is similar to the one before it, so I didn't even bother going further. Also, I checked out those Reddit links, and they're from @lordelan, so it really is elusive.

I reset the chat, and toggled Precise mode. Unfortunately, all the references are either posts by @lordelan, refer to a different game on the ZX Spectrum, or show off different advent calendars.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 181617.png

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 422175

Then, it decides to be cute (IMO stupid, but whatever):
View attachment 422176

View attachment 422177
It's response to the last question is similar to the one before it, so I didn't even bother going further. Also, I checked out those Reddit links, and they're from @lordelan, so it really is elusive.

I reset the chat, and toggled Precise mode. Unfortunately, all the references are either posts by @lordelan, refer to a different game on the ZX Spectrum, or show off different advent calendars.
View attachment 422178
Yeah, found that stupid ZX Spectrum game as well. Has nothing to do with the great W3.x game. :/
Thanks for your work though. One day I will find it, that's for certain!

• Love
Reactions: HarveyHouston

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay