Gaming Looking for an old Win 3.11 advent calendar

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another christmas has passed by and I still haven't found it. I even checked my backup archive that I burnt to DVDs from 2005 (probably 10 years after the advent calendar release date) but once again my hopes have been shattered.
I can't believe that a game, that was better than the commonly known "Advent.exe" game for which countless YouTube videos exist, just disappeared from earth and didn't make it "into the internet".
There had to have been copies; it was very unlikely that it was just for you. Maybe they were only sold/given out where you lived? Some things are region-specific, and I don't mean by country or continent. I mean counties, boroughs, cities, etc. - unless you remember otherwise?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There had to have been copies; it was very unlikely that it was just for you. Maybe they were only sold/given out where you lived? Some things are region-specific, and I don't mean by country or continent. I mean counties, boroughs, cities, etc. - unless you remember otherwise?
It was definitely not only for me/us. It was (for the time) very well produced and much more of a high quality product than the commonly "ADVENT.EXE" that everyone knows.
But that doesn't help me much as I can't remember more details of any dev or brand. :(

TEPTIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I just read the entire thread, and I think I'll also search by myself for this game, although we're almost 2 years after the starting of this thread. It's very sad to see how hard it is to find old games or software that you had child. I personnally played a lot to a Windows 7 game, Chess Titans, 9 years ago, and it took me a lot of time to find an old copy of this game (and sadly, not the French version, but if I remember well I've it on an old hard drive). But I'll inform you of I find something just like a screenshot or even the name of this game.
Post automatically merged:

Exo, the creator of eXoDOS has released a Win 3.1 pack too. It's called Win3xO and has pretty much everything. Weights over 300GB but you can download individual files at some sources.
I found that on a forum about Win 3.11, did you take a look? Here is the original thread...
Btw I found many thread that you posted attempting to find this game.

Edit: Just saw that someone already talked about eXoDOS

Last edited by TEPTIS,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I just read the entire thread, and I think I'll also search by myself for this game, although we're almost 2 years after the starting of this thread. It's very sad to see how hard it is to find old games or software that you had child. I personnally played a lot to a Windows 7 game, Chess Titans, 9 years ago, and it took me a lot of time to find an old copy of this game (and sadly, not the French version, but if I remember well I've it on an old hard drive). But I'll inform you of I find something just like a screenshot or even the name of this game.

I found that on a forum about Win 3.11, did you take a look? Here is the original thread...
Btw I found many thread that you posted attempting to find this game.

Edit: Just saw that someone already talked about eXoDOS
Really, you're looking for the same advent calendar game? Do you remember anything else from it by any chance?

Yeah I already asked in their Discord.

TEPTIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really, you're looking for the same advent calendar game? Do you remember anything else from it by any chance?

Yeah I already asked in their Discord.
No, I'm not looking for it, and as you can see, I'm to young to have known Win 3, but i'll search it for you, it'll be a pleasure for me to help you.

• Love
Reactions: lordelan

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Try "Ultimate Christmas Calendar" by the company "Brightworks"

It was released in 1994 which is shortly after 3.11 was released. Additionally, "the game includes a variety of holiday-themed mini-games and activities, including an advent calendar with doors that reveal hidden surprises, as well as a "Santa's Sleigh" game, where you can fly through space delivering presents to the planets"

However, I was unable to find any download links, screenshots, videos, or additional information.

I know it's a longshot but hopefully, some of this information helped. Or better yet, here is hoping you already found the name of the program.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was released in 1994 which is shortly after 3.11 was released. Additionally, "the game includes a variety of holiday-themed mini-games and activities, including an advent calendar with doors that reveal hidden surprises, as well as a "Santa's Sleigh" game, where you can fly through space delivering presents to the planets"

However, I was unable to find any download links, screenshots, videos, or additional information.

I know it's a longshot but hopefully, some of this information helped. Or better yet, here is hoping you already found the name of the program.
Where did you get this info? There is no reference to it whatsoever online, and I used several different search engines.

UPDATE: Found a Brightworks from 2011, but I doubt it's the same company: https://web.archive.org/web/20110902042754/http://brightworks.ucoz.com/

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm curious too where you found that. There's nothing about it online, not even a mentioning.
But thx though, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Doctorbeefy,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was it like this? https://classicreload.com/win3x-gahan-wilsons-the-ultimate-haunted-house.html

I also found this but I can't really tell what it looks like https://archive.org/details/santas-workshop-advent-calendar-for-computers/Santa's Workshop - Advent Calendar for Computers_artwork.jpg

https://archive.org/details/christmas-magic
https://archive. org/details/christmas-magic-advent-calendar/

Had to put a space in the last link it kept switch it to a media player
Unfortunately it's none of those. I'm glad though that people keep reviving this thread every now and then, trying to help me.

The first one comes close in terms of look and feel, but it was a snowy house outdoors instead. The latter is way too big (and too late released) to be it. No way the one I'm looking for was bigger than 200 MB. Pretty sure it was fitting on one or two floppy disks.

I'm afraid, it's just simply not on the internet at all and thus making it impossible for me to find. :(

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately it's none of those. I'm glad though that people keep reviving this thread every now and then, trying to help me.

The first one comes close in terms of look and feel, but it was a snowy house outdoors instead. The latter is way too big (and too late released) to be it. No way the one I'm looking for was bigger than 200 MB. Pretty sure it was fitting on one or two floppy disks.

I'm afraid, it's just simply not on the internet at all and thus making it impossible for me to find. :(
I would assume HarveyHouston above is correct with his reply, seeing the name is very close to the halloween one I linked. Most likely there were both made by the same people maybe just different companies or something.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that advent calendar program! It was called Winter Wonderland and it was made by Intel in 1993. It was a promotional game that came with some of their processors. I used to play it every December on my old 486 PC. It had a lot of fun activities and surprises behind each door. The spaceman was one of them, and he would fly across the screen and say "Happy Holidays from Intel". I still have the floppy disk somewhere, but I don't know if it works on modern computers. It was a great piece of nostalgia and I wish I could find a way to run it again.
Maybe you can run it on DosBox? The eXoDOS community might be able to help in getting it running too. If you have the ability to do so, copy it off your disk and upload it somewhere so we can download.

Reactions: BigOnYa

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I remember that advent calendar program! It was called Winter Wonderland and it was made by Intel in 1993. It was a promotional game that came with some of their processors. I used to play it every December on my old 486 PC. It had a lot of fun activities and surprises behind each door. The spaceman was one of them, and he would fly across the screen and say "Happy Holidays from Intel". I still have the floppy disk somewhere, but I don't know if it works on modern computers. It was a great piece of nostalgia and I wish I could find a way to run it again.
Just get an old WinXP laptop with Floppy Disk drive.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holy sh*t! That COULD be it! I'm pretty sure it was a localised german version but still, it could be it. The "Happy Holidays from Intel" also tends to be somewhere in my memory. And I was thinking about Intel as well.

Damn, you are my only hope. Please find that disc and dump the content. A zip with all the files is fine. If you do, I'd even return you the money you may had to spend for an external floppy drive!

Still really can't find anything about it online. :/

You sure got me hyped! I'm been looking for this for years...

Last edited by lordelan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.