1. lordelan

OP lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Very kind, thank u very much!

2. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of the Rock Band Customs Project

United States
    Hmm, do any of these ring a bell?

This is a video of one that was released in 1990. It's crudely made, but it has a snowman, Christmas Tree, and manger scene. From your description, this doesn't sound like it, but it's interesting.

This one is a set of candles that light up for each week of Advent; typing in "advent.exe windows 3 download" in DuckDuckGo pulled this up. It doesn't seem like it either, and the link is broken, anyway.
    https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/Advent-Calendar.html

There's a strange program on Internet Archive called "SantaZia", released 1996. It's supposed to be an advent calendar and game. I have my doubts, but it seems interesting.
    https://archive.org/details/SANTAZIA

3. lordelan

Germany
    I already stumpled upon this one a few times. Seems to be one of the more famous/known ones although it's worse compared to the one I'm looking for in every aspect (which again makes me wonder why mine isn't that famous as it seems).
    What the ... what's up with that bear?! :D
    But no, it did not have any 3D models (including pre-rendered ones) in it. Was a plain 2D sprite driven application but at the same time looking way better than from that YT video above. :)
    Mother of god. :D

At least you brought up two games that I didn't find yet so it seems there's still potential for digging. It has to be somewhere out there!
    Again: Thank you very much! =)

HarvHouHacker likes this.
  4. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
  5. lordelan

Germany
  6. lordelan

Germany
    HarvHouHacker likes this.
  7. HarvHouHacker

United States
    Man, it would be nice to have that advent calendar by now... :( Sorry, buddy. Hopefully, you have a pretty good alternative.

8. lordelan

Germany
    It's the first christmas where my wife 'n me got our own f*cking christmas tree so I'm pretty fine this year, at least in real life. :D
    Thanks though. I'm sure, I'll find it one day. And if I do, I'll fire up DosBox with Win 3.11 and enjoy the sh*t out of it! =)

9. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Have you tried contacting eXo and his team over at eXoDOS? They have painstakingly gone through and tested every dos and Windows 3.x game so maybe they have seen your calendar and remember it. Or you can download their pack and you can slowly browse through every game yourself and see if you can find it that way. Here is a link to there discord https://discord.gg/37FYaUZ The people there are very nice. And here is a link to his site where you can get information on where to download his packs. https://www.retro-exo.com/ Good luck. I hope you find it.

lordelan and DarknessPlay3r like this.
  10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    I've actually already checked ExoDOS v5, as well as Win3x0 just to be sure. Nothing really related to what the OP is looking for, unfortunately.

But then I doubt it'd be considered a "Game" in the first place, anyways, given it's a calendar :P

lordelan likes this.
  11. HarvHouHacker

United States
    Well, at least you get to decorate your colorful words with Christmas stars. :P I truly am sorry about not being able to find it - believe me, I've still been looking. TBH, it seems I recall some advent program for Windows 3.x that was similar to what you described, but I don't exactly remember. It was a while back, and my family and I have since lost the floppies and hard disks that such software would have been on.

lordelan likes this.
  12. lordelan

Germany
    Thanks to all u guys for the tips (that I will follow), good wishes and work you've put into this. It really means a lot!
    Stay healthy and have a freakin' nice christmas time!

HarvHouHacker and Clutz450 like this.
  13. KitsumiTheFox

KitsumiTheFox Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    lordelan likes this.
  14. lordelan

Germany
    Unfortunately not. This is just a small bundle of minigames, wallpapers, icons and so on that I stumbled upon multiple times while looking for my advent calendar. :P

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - calendar, Looking, advent