Hardware Looking for advice for on bricked switch

CapTec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an interesting problem with a switch I picked up broken on ebay.

The switch I bought was sold as black screen and not working. I kinda figured it'd be a charging IC, either a P13USB chip, M92T36 or BQ chip. I was wrong. electrically I see absolutely nothing wrong with this switch. No components are shorting and all the caps are reading good.

So, naturally I checked using an amp meter and It's drawing 0.41 amps at 5v when plugged in. Visual check of the PCB is okay and all the USB pins are giving back expected voltage drop ratings when testing in diode mode.

Anyways, I decided for the hell of it to plug it into a PC and see if it loads RCM. It does. In fact it loads RCM with a regular power on (without holding the volume button or a jig present). It's loading into recovery mode each time it boots. So I figure it must have had auto RCM enabled by its previous owner at some point or be in some kind of fault condition. Anyways I figured I'd pop in my SD card that has Hekate on it and inject the Hekate payload. The payload injects but still no display. So I figured it might be a faulty LCD and tried another working one I have lying around.

Still nothing :(

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can check next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast