ROM Hack Looking for a Translator.

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. Since no one seems to ever finish translating ANY of the Zoids games.. I've decided to try to translate Zoids Saga DS.. In the last 3 days that I've been attempting.. I've managed to translate very little as I'm not very good at reading Japanese.. Oddly enough I Can speak it though... Anyway..

Basically.. I just need someone to translate it.. I can hack the text and everything else myself.. This is my first ROM hack.. So it'll probably take a while to do.. But I'm going to do it regardless.

If anyone wants to contribute anything to the project, I'd more than welcome it.

Thanks in advance, EtherealFang

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a translator, not a translation... Though I guess that would still be a good place to post this..

Basically.. I don't want someone doing the entire hack for me. I just need a translator interested in joining my project.. From reading through that post it seems it's for people who don't want to or can't hack/translate roms to ask other groups to do it all for them which is not what I want nor what I am asking.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
EtherealFang. the only thing i can say good luck on this project
and a sidenote from me.
i am curious to see if you can make it a complete translation
since i love the mechanics of zoids also thats why my heart got robbed in Super Robot Wars K for the Zoids Genesis to be in it

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

In all honesty it's not really as bad as I had originally thought it would be. In fact i don't even have to replace the font. The table was easy enough to make.. The biggest issue is that I know very little Japanese calligraphy. I'm not stupid enough to try an online trans program. I am however in the process of learning both Japanese and Chinese calligraphy.. So I guess that if I cannot find a translator willing to help.. It'll just take a lot longer to complete.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
i love the mechanics of zoids

Man, I loved getting these when I was a kid; put 'em together then wind 'em up and play with them. Good times...good times...
smileipb2.png

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well i can only a little japanese but i played zoids legacy(the second art of zoids saga) on gba and know a lot of the zoids world , cause i read lots of mangas and i saw all zoids animes , so if you make the spreadsheet i can help a little , mostly with pilot names , zoids names , item name and description , deck commends and description , town names .

BTW zoids saga ds is a compilation of all three zoids saga parts from gba so you could try taking the zoids legacy script out it could help a lot when translating that part in zoids saga ds

kuren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't promise anything massive, as I know very little about the series itself and am a bit short on time atm, but I've done a couple of years of Japanese at Uni. If you put a spreadsheet up I'll do what I can on there
wink.gif

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get the spread sheet up as soon as I can, I'm about to be a dad so my time is a little restrained right now.

But I've played Saga, Legacy and Fuzors through.. And while Saga and Fuzors are Jap, I know the basics of them.. And Saga DS being a compilation of the 3 is what made me choose it over doing one of the GBA games... That and I like the DS' file system.

Any way, I'll get the spread sheet up ASAP.

Thanks.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
can't you store this on a usb driver with free space ?
oh yeah i am also playing the untranslated version and i must say you picked a good game 0_0 the difficulty is insanely tough based on rpg's
even so tough that i love it
smile.gif

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yeah.. Trust me I'll be keeping everything backed up from now on.. Novice mistake on my part.

I actually love the difficulty the Zoids games bring to the table.. Especially in the later boss battles.
tongue.gif

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm can help you if you want.
I just played a few seconds and it seems that it would quite be easy to translate, because all
Kanji have furigana.

I didn't took a good look inside of the game, but names, items and so on are easy to find.
But it looks like the script is LZ compressed somewhere, have you located the files already? (i don't want to search if you know already^^)
Also what takes priority? What do you want to translate? The names, items or the script?

EtherealFang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do as full of a translation as possible seeing as it'll never be localized... As for the script I'll have to find it again. I think it was in one of the ARMs? Priority should be menus, chars, items, skills and zoids first (in no perticular order).. Script being last as it'll take the longest to translate and replace.

Also, I appreciate any and all help that's recived. Seriously.

So many people want to see this game in english and I'd love to be able to do that for them.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
as i said a while ago i can help with menus,chars,items,skills and zoids names , but i cant help you with script cause my english is not that good . so if you have any spreedsheets ready than let me know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night