Looking for a new 3DS XL waterproof case

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dude1, May 8, 2015.

1. dude1
    OP

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    I got a new 3DS :D
    I have a tendency to go swimming or at least into a hot tub with my electronic devices luckily with my iPhone I can have a lifeproof case for that
    unfortunately haven't been able find find anything for the 3DS similar to a lifeproof case and that's what I'm looking for
    I imagine it couldn't be flexible and watertight so even if it was a temporary case that held the 3ds in the open position while still being able to playable that would be what I want

while I know this is the biggest first world problem ever it's still a problem that I want solved if possible because zip lock baggies are not the most optimal approach but I can't even find a Chinese knockoff to do what I want

any help would be appreciated

2. StarOfDoom

StarOfDoom GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Err.. just... take the 3DS out of your pocket? It's a fairly big device, and not something that you are just going to forget that it's in your pocket or something....

EDIT: If you are looking for a water proof case you can PLAY with... absolutely not. Not happening unless you go in and waterproof it yourself (which would be insanely hard if not impossible). Think about those buttons, you would have to cover the whole entire thing with a sheet of plastic, which would look horrible, reflect horribly, the buttons would be very hard to press, etc etc... just don't use it while you are near water...

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    The thumb pad would be impossible to use, as well as the resistive touch screen. Not happening.
    You can always use the n3ds inside a submarine nevertheless.

thorasgar, AkiraX3 and StarOfDoom like this.
  4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    If you brought a O3DS or N3DS into a body of water, they'd be dead. You can't get a waterproof case that completely protects the N3DS from water. It's not an iPhone, so you can't just cover the whole console in plastic and be good to go, you wouldn't really be able to use it with the plastic on it anyways. Just like what StarOfDoom said: