Gaming Looking for a new 3ds game!

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have £60 and i'm looking for a good, non story based game, for the 3ds. I already have mario kart 7 and would wait for mario tennis but im starting to get bored of the 3DS so i need a good game. The game can be on the eshop or cart i don't really mind.

Jetowa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're into mario games, why not give Mario 3d Land a try, it's pretty solid! I'd also suggest Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (personally so that I'd have someone else to play with!) it's not the new revelations but you should be able to pick it up used for a good price. As for download titles, if you have some Club nintendo points to waste (errrrm) I mean spend Mario's Picross is out for 100 coins. There's also Tetris on the eshop, which has online multiplayer, and is pretty fun to just pick up and play! If you don't have any money and just wanna putz around, check out some of the demos on the eShop too! Cheers

and saberjoy is definitely right on Kid Icarus... should be worth the wait!!!

Reactions: 1 person

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would second Resident Evil Mercs - it doesn't have a storyline per say, just beat up monsters and try to survive. Some of these moments can be quite unnerving, although.

(Online multiplayer/randoms is pretty bad - they don't accept newbs and a couple of gun loadouts...my recommendation is to find someone you know on here or other forums that won't be annoyed by simple things in the game.)

Reactions: 1 person

fojacko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you're into mario games, why not give Mario 3d Land a try, it's pretty solid! I'd also suggest Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (personally so that I'd have someone else to play with!) it's not the new revelations but you should be able to pick it up used for a good price. As for download titles, if you have some Club nintendo points to waste (errrrm) I mean spend Mario's Picross is out for 100 coins. There's also Tetris on the eshop, which has online multiplayer, and is pretty fun to just pick up and play! If you don't have any money and just wanna putz around, check out some of the demos on the eShop too! Cheers

yeah i do want to get Mario 3d Land i just need to find a shop that doesn't sell it for £40 (yes, i know i have £60 but i don't want to spend it all on games)

I would second Resident Evil Mercs - it doesn't have a storyline per say, just beat up monsters and try to survive. Some of these moments can be quite unnerving, although.

(Online multiplayer/randoms is pretty bad - they don't accept newbs and a couple of gun loadouts...my recommendation is to find someone you know on here or other forums that won't be annoyed by simple things in the game.)

i guess it's time for me to get active on the forums then

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushmo is a pretty neat puzzle game, one of the highest rated 3DS games. Lots of content, it'll take a while to finish the entire game. $7 on the eShop.

Super Mario 3D Land was pretty fun, although a bit short. If you're a Mario fan, don't hesitate in picking it up.

Or you could just wait for Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is almost guaranteed to be an amazing game.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

yeah i do want to get Mario 3d Land i just need to find a shop that doesn't sell it for £40 (yes, i know i have £60 but i don't want to spend it all on games)

I've never paid more than £30 for 3DS game, high street retailers are rip-offs, never go there.

Shop online and its considerably cheaper.

Amazon has it for £28.97 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Land-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B005FPMVH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330704483&sr=8-1

Theconejo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Zelda bundle and after I beat it I was in the same boat. Around that time Tales of the Abyss came out and I picked it up. It not really my kind of game, from what I thought, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Check that out maybe? Zelda is always good times. Im getting Kid Icarus Preorder so I get the free classic game. Can't beat 2 for one, even if it's old.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus is definitely a good choice, in my (not so) humble opinion. :P I alread preordered and paid in full.

Zelda: OoT 3D is also a perfect choice, if you don't have it.

And I know a lot of people hate it, but Spider-Man: Edge of Time for 3DS is actually a halfway decent action game with an awesome story. You can find it for about $27 in gamestop (probably $20 or so online), so for the money, I think it's a good buy.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Kid Icarus is definitely a good choice, in my (not so) humble opinion. :P I alread preordered and paid in full.

Zelda: OoT 3D is also a perfect choice, if you don't have it.

And I know a lot of people hate it, but Spider-Man: Edge of Time for 3DS is actually a halfway decent action game with an awesome story. You can find it for about $27 in gamestop (probably $20 or so online), so for the money, I think it's a good buy.
I would have pre-ordered too... But then I took an mass effect 3 pre-order to the knee :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: