Looking for a new 3ds game!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by fojacko, Mar 2, 2012.

Mar 2, 2012

Looking for a new 3ds game! by fojacko at 3:23 PM (703 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. fojacko
    OP

Member fojacko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello, i have £60 and i'm looking for a good, non story based game, for the 3ds. I already have mario kart 7 and would wait for mario tennis but im starting to get bored of the 3DS so i need a good game. The game can be on the eshop or cart i don't really mind.

2. saberjoy

Member saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    wait for kid icarus, it does have a story but it has multiplayer as well. i am sure it will be worth your buck

3. Jetowa

Newcomer Jetowa Advanced Member

United States
    if you're into mario games, why not give Mario 3d Land a try, it's pretty solid! I'd also suggest Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D (personally so that I'd have someone else to play with!) it's not the new revelations but you should be able to pick it up used for a good price. As for download titles, if you have some Club nintendo points to waste (errrrm) I mean spend Mario's Picross is out for 100 coins. There's also Tetris on the eshop, which has online multiplayer, and is pretty fun to just pick up and play! If you don't have any money and just wanna putz around, check out some of the demos on the eShop too! Cheers

and saberjoy is definitely right on Kid Icarus... should be worth the wait!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I would second Resident Evil Mercs - it doesn't have a storyline per say, just beat up monsters and try to survive. Some of these moments can be quite unnerving, although.

(Online multiplayer/randoms is pretty bad - they don't accept newbs and a couple of gun loadouts...my recommendation is to find someone you know on here or other forums that won't be annoyed by simple things in the game.)

1 person likes this.
  5. fojacko
    OP

Member fojacko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yeah i do want to get Mario 3d Land i just need to find a shop that doesn't sell it for £40 (yes, i know i have £60 but i don't want to spend it all on games)

i guess it's time for me to get active on the forums then

6. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    Pushmo is a pretty neat puzzle game, one of the highest rated 3DS games. Lots of content, it'll take a while to finish the entire game. $7 on the eShop.

Super Mario 3D Land was pretty fun, although a bit short. If you're a Mario fan, don't hesitate in picking it up.

Or you could just wait for Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is almost guaranteed to be an amazing game.

7. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've never paid more than £30 for 3DS game, high street retailers are rip-offs, never go there.

Shop online and its considerably cheaper.

Amazon has it for £28.97 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Land-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B005FPMVH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330704483&sr=8-1

8. Theconejo

Member Theconejo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got the Zelda bundle and after I beat it I was in the same boat. Around that time Tales of the Abyss came out and I picked it up. It not really my kind of game, from what I thought, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Check that out maybe? Zelda is always good times. Im getting Kid Icarus Preorder so I get the free classic game. Can't beat 2 for one, even if it's old.

9. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Kid Icarus is definitely a good choice, in my (not so) humble opinion. :P I alread preordered and paid in full.

Zelda: OoT 3D is also a perfect choice, if you don't have it.

And I know a lot of people hate it, but Spider-Man: Edge of Time for 3DS is actually a halfway decent action game with an awesome story. You can find it for about $27 in gamestop (probably $20 or so online), so for the money, I think it's a good buy.

10. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    I would have pre-ordered too... But then I took an mass effect 3 pre-order to the knee :/

11. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    fixed :P

12. Nalmontes

Newcomer Nalmontes Advanced Member

United States
    I would say tales of the abyss but then I realized your in europe, where its super rare

13. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Is Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor out for the 3DS yet?

Oh whoops, Non story. Nevermind.