• Total voters

WorldOfNerds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone, sorry for bringing back the dead, but this issue is rising with the use of certain 128gb+ SD cards with the luma3ds bootloader

just a heads-up, this is only a fix for these issues, and not a guaranteed fix.

-slow startup
-screen is blank occasionally while I can access other boot options (luma3ds options, godmode9, etc.)
-exiting settings or a DS/i program is as slow, if not slower then the startup
-theme does not appear at startup or does not appear at all (theme manager and/or anemone 3ds)

ok, so this is the fix I sent to a person who DM'd me around a month ago
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, after all this time, i finally found a solution. if its the boot, then follow THESE steps:
1. move all files to your pc (the sd will need to be reformatted)
2. AFTER moving all the files download this program https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html
3. find the disk (if you only have the main hard drive plugged in, it should be disk 2) MAKE SURE ITS THE RIGHT DISK!
4. right click the main partition of the disk (the space where their is the most storage), and click "Format"
5. choose fat32 (be aware that this format may put more stress on the drive depending of the manufacturer)
6. choose "32 kb" for cluster size (this is the most important step as a higher cluster size will cause you the same issues as before)
7. format and wait (quick format is ok, and should be the selected option)
8. copy all files back over and enjoy :)

---this information was hard to find, so please let me know of any issues

----------------------
sorry for the link, the normal windows format tool does not allow formatting certain SD's as Fat32, so this is a workaround for that.

Reactions: Alexander1970

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, sorry for bringing back the dead, but this issue is rising with the use of certain 128gb+ SD cards with the luma3ds bootloader

just a heads-up, this is only a fix for these issues, and not a guaranteed fix.

-slow startup
-screen is blank occasionally while I can access other boot options (luma3ds options, godmode9, etc.)
-exiting settings or a DS/i program is as slow, if not slower then the startup
-theme does not appear at startup or does not appear at all (theme manager and/or anemone 3ds)

ok, so this is the fix I sent to a person who DM'd me around a month ago
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, after all this time, i finally found a solution. if its the boot, then follow THESE steps:
1. move all files to your pc (the sd will need to be reformatted)
2. AFTER moving all the files download this program https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html
3. find the disk (if you only have the main hard drive plugged in, it should be disk 2) MAKE SURE ITS THE RIGHT DISK!
4. right click the main partition of the disk (the space where their is the most storage), and click "Format"
5. choose fat32 (be aware that this format may put more stress on the drive depending of the manufacturer)
6. choose "32 kb" for cluster size (this is the most important step as a higher cluster size will cause you the same issues as before)
7. format and wait (quick format is ok, and should be the selected option)
8. copy all files back over and enjoy :)

---this information was hard to find, so please let me know of any issues

----------------------
sorry for the link, the normal windows format tool does not allow formatting certain SD's as Fat32, so this is a workaround for that.
How the hell was that hard to find info? Everything you listed is common knowledge here. You got guiformat aswell for 64gb+ sized sd cards. I have no idea where you been looking. But its obvious its been the wrong places you have been.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While I do appreciate a user trying to add to the existing pool of knowledge, formatting your SD card to fat32 with 32 kb clusters is--as far as I know--the default setting. Just a while back, I have used these guidelines I found by TurdPooCharger.

Also, from what I have read, slow startup seems to mostly result from a large SD card. That would explain why your good advice for fat32 format with 32 kb slusters is not a guranteed fix. The bigger the storage capacity of the SD card, the longer the boot takes. In the link I mentioned above, you will read that boot time for 128+ GB cards can sometimes decrease by using 64 kb clusters. Do note that 32 kb clusters are still the default setting for most homebrew apps, so using 64 kb clusters could result in more problems if using homebrew.

WorldOfNerds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How the hell was that hard to find info? Everything you listed is common knowledge here. You got guiformat aswell for 64gb+ sized sd cards. I have no idea where you been looking. But its obvious its been the wrong places you have been.

ok, maybe I checked the wrong places, I had no idea that most of you already had it figured out, i'll take this down then if thats the case.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ok, maybe I checked the wrong places, I had no idea that most of you already had it figured out, i'll take this down then if thats the case.

Hello.:)

Do not be discouraged,my Friend.:)
Your Intentions was good meant and Mistakes can happen,we are all Humans.:)

Maybe a little "Correction" on your Text like "with this Solution I fixed my issue".
(it is only a Suggestion,make it as you like).

You did not hurt someone with your Post,so do not worry about.:)

Thank you and have a good Time on GBAtemp.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

WorldOfNerds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While I do appreciate a user trying to add to the existing pool of knowledge, formatting your SD card to fat32 with 32 kb clusters is--as far as I know--the default setting. Just a while back, I have used these guidelines I found by TurdPooCharger.

Also, from what I have read, slow startup seems to mostly result from a large SD card. That would explain why your good advice for fat32 format with 32 kb slusters is not a guranteed fix. The bigger the storage capacity of the SD card, the longer the boot takes. In the link I mentioned above, you will read that boot time for 128+ GB cards can sometimes decrease by using 64 kb clusters. Do note that 32 kb clusters are still the default setting for most homebrew apps, so using 64 kb clusters could result in more problems if using homebrew.
thanks for telling me that, i'm still only 17 so my knowledge of tech is still quite limited to certain commands, applications, and certain types of troubleshooting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe a little "Correction" on your Text like "with this Solution I fixed my issue".

Thank you and have good Time on GBAtemp.:)

Thanks for the reassurance. I usually search with my 3ds as my laptops graphics card is faulty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you and have good Time on GBAtemp.:)

Thanks for the reassurance. I usually search with my 3ds as my laptops graphics card is faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/mKiHdEqwh80