wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Lone Wolf: Caverns of Kalte
NEW NDS Homebrew
longwolf62410.png

The Lone Wolf DS project has received an update with the release of book 3. For more information about the project please check the link below. The developer is looking to compile a Flash Kit compatibility listing. If the homebrew works for you please report what Flash Kit and firmware you are using.

Thanks to Vato via IRC for the news!​

download.gif
 Off-site Download
icon11.gif
 Homepage
discuss.png
 Discuss

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, simply awesome!

The first 2 books were great, and even though the above says there were many bugs and misspellings, I did not notice them.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. I never knew they even had these to be honest. But looking from the original homepages, it looks well thought out. I will probably try it out when I have the time. Also thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i own the full series in paper back. i picked them up when i was a kid. i found a few at a $1 used book store. this is a great project but one that is not fully bug free. its sort of sad because the bugs are usually typos, incorrectly lined up text, etc. there are some actual software bugs like the mini-games, gold not being displayed correctly, etc. you would think with a static "book" project that there would be no bugs at all. even with the occasional bug the games are very enjoyable. as with the original book you can transfer your save (character sheet) to the new book and thus build your character up over time.

my favorite thing about these is that they are great before bed. they don't engage your mind like a game does and the back ground music helps to make me sleepy.

-another world

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Thanks for writing the news and all the kind words!
smile.gif

@another_world: what linker do you have please? Because I was never told such bugs were existing, and many people tested the game. Also some bugs were corrected with later releases, did you try them? Anyway, if you know some bugs that can be reproduced, it would be very nice to tell me, I'll be happy to fix them!
smile.gif

Cheers
Frédéric

Ho BTW, you may have missed this in my original post here, but please, don't host the ROM on another site than Project Aon. This request is related to the Project Aon license agreement. Indeed, Joe Dever (the books author) accepted to provide his copyrighted material for free use, but only to the condition that all the things using his work are hosted in a central place (which is the Project Aon site).

So I'm not asking this for any personal reason, but just because I promised to respect this license when I began to work with the Project Aon people.

Please, could you remove the file, and change the download link to my own download page instead (http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/downloads.php) ? Next time I release a book, I'll try to make this mandatory point clearer (using bold and red
wink.gif
).

Thank you very much!
smile.gif

Frédéric

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Big thumbs up! I'm currently going through all the books again - been purchasing and reading the re-release of this series since last summer
smile.gif

thegreatace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is definitely an amazing and fun adventure book. I just wish you could some how add your stats and content onto the other book, rather then make a new kai every time.

hopefully this will be updated with those features.

deff. a 10/10 experience as homebrew. ^^

used a dstwo fyi

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Michoko said:
@another_world: what linker do you have please? Because I was never told such bugs were existing, and many people tested the game. Also some bugs were corrected with later releases, did you try them? Anyway, if you know some bugs that can be reproduced, it would be very nice to tell me, I'll be happy to fix them!
smile.gif

Cheers
Frédéric

m3 lite, r4, ak2, ak2.1, ak2i, scds2, ak rpg, m3 real, and others i've loaned out to friends =P. i submitted a bug report to you awhile back but never heard back. right now i'm in the middle of a very busy time in real life, when things settle down i will play through the first 2 books and take detailed notes. i would love to eventually see all of the books on the ds and look forward to helping out this project.

i have changed the first post to point to your download page instead. i will link to your downloads from now on.

-another world

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Another World said:
Michoko said:
smile.gif

Cheers
Frédéric

m3 lite, r4, ak2, ak2.1, ak2i, scds2, ak rpg, m3 real, and others i've loaned out to friends =P. i submitted a bug report to you awhile back but never heard back. right now i'm in the middle of a very busy time in real life, when things settle down i will play through the first 2 books and take detailed notes. i would love to eventually see all of the books on the ds and look forward to helping out this project.

i have changed the first post to point to your download page instead. i will link to your downloads from now on.

-another world

Thank you, much appreciated
smile.gif

I take every bug report into account, so I suppose I checked yours thoroughly, and updated the engine accordingly. So maybe some of the bugs are already fixed, else I'm sure your help will be really precious to me.

Cheers!
Frédéric

Aaronius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOSH! I absolutely love this series! I've been wondering if there would be any more installments. I actually thought this project was dead. I know I'm downloading this fo sho
wink.gif

EDIT: BTW, the prevoius installments worked on R4 Kernel 1.18 if you needed to know
smile.gif

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
thegreatace said:
this is definitely an amazing and fun adventure book. I just wish you could some how add your stats and content onto the other book, rather then make a new kai every time.

hopefully this will be updated with those features.

deff. a 10/10 experience as homebrew. ^^

used a dstwo fyi

Hi, you can use your character from one book to the other. To do that, you have to save your game at the end of one book. When you start the next book, it should offer you to continue from your previous adventure.

Have fun!
Frédéric

thegreatace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I'll try that out hopefully it wil work, maybe i missed that.

keep you posted..

edit: your right, this did work, i just didn't save my last file on accident.

absolutely fantastic, keep up the great work!
maybe you could do a few more books like this!
i bet people would pay ya for this as a actual ds release.
i know i would hehe ^^

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegreatace said:

On an R4 with the latest official firmware (which, admittedly, is quite old...) and the latest YWG, you could move the data when the book specifically asks if you want to save at the very end of each book. I never renamed the file, so that may make a difference.

-----

In other news, has anybody else had problems loading Caverns of Kalte with a YWG R4? I can rotate the book to left-handed, but when it comes to starting it up, it just fades to black and doesn't come up.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Did some testing, and outta my cards, the Caverns_Of_Kalte is only working loading on my R4 (running Wood).

when i try to load it on my AK2, akRPG (both NAND and SD), and my DSTWO, it actually shuts my DSL off.

the r4 is using a 2gig, while the RPG and DSTWO are both using the same 8gig, though i dont think its SD related, cuz the game shuts down on NAND, too.

the first two games load up fine for me.

edit: on my R4 it black screens after the initial start-up screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!