ROM Hack Lode Runner DS

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if there is a translation patch for the menus in Lode Runner DS. I know there's a website that translates them but since I'd like to play this game without having to be at my laptop to keep referring to the website, I was hoping there'd be a patch available by now (since the game's been out for a while now).

Thanks in advance.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Holy shit, that's awesome.

Also, I just want to say, take your time with this. I can wait a while if it means in the end I get a good translation.

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for English translations!
yaynds.gif

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know, it would be really great if you did the Map Editor menus. To be honest, that's the part I wanted translated the most.

To put it in a rather vulgar way, I have a huge throbbing boner for level editors.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
You know, it would be really great if you did the Map Editor menus. To be honest, that's the part I wanted translated the most.

To put it in a rather vulgar way, I have a huge throbbing boner for level editors.
Yeah, I'll most likely get the Map Editor screens done.
Hardest part is finding the right file and getting the pallet to look right since I don't know much about ROM hacking.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please go here: http://gbatemp.net/t262649-loderunner-english-menu-patch

[title:Old post]Little status update... good news and bad news.

Bad news is that doing a 'cleaned' version of this most likely isn't going to be possible (for me anyway).
I did a pixel match in TileMolester to what I see in No$GBA and it looks great in TM, but still has 'inverted colors' when selected.
I made the TileMolester and Photoshop Palettes from the 'unselected' buttons (blue), I'll see if I can get a better result from creating a palette of the 'selected' button (orange).

Good news is that I found and finished the file for the Map Editor... however more bad news is that file uses a slightly altered palette from the Main/Game menus and the end-result garbage so I'll have to start over.

More good news is that I'm learning/remembering how to do this and I'm getting quicker at doing the edits.

On a side note: if anyone has downloaded the patch, can you reply here and let me know if it worked for you?
I think that I might have made a mistake and used the wrong version as my 'Original'.
(I changed the displayed name from "???????" to "Lode Runner" but might have used the one with the "Lode Runner" name as 'Original' when I should have used the "???????" one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)