Gaming Loco Roco

Darkspark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First off, I want to ask a trivia question.
If you are in the UK, and most preferably london, have you noticed that Sony have bought ad space on the right hand side of every double decker bus to promote their best game ever I have to agree, Loco Roco.
I saw at least 20 buses today with the Loco Roco Ad.

Anyway, I played a demo of this game on somebodys PSP, and despite its simplicity, its the best game ever made. Simply because of the feeling you get after playing it.
After 10 minutes of it, and after turning off the PSP, I just had an overwhelming sense of happiness.
It may be looking at a sack blob with eyes, or the merry singing of little blobs in chorus. I just cannot explain the HAPPINESS you experience after playing this game. Im so sad Nintendo did not invent this first, and I hope they come up with a clone.

Anyway, the effect is not so good on their website, but you will feel happy I guarantee it. They give you a flash taste of what loco roco is about.

http://www.locoroco.com/

Sadly, no DS titles make me with as HAPPY as this game. You are usually concetrating hard, trying to complete a level, or playing through reflex (metroid), or attacking things; none of which makes you feel happy about playing a game, but often fustrated (yes even animal crossing).

I think more of these type games should be made, simply to let people smile a bit more.

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Sadly, no DS titles make me with as HAPPY as this game. You are usually concetrating hard, trying to complete a level, or playing through reflex (metroid), or attacking things; none of which makes you feel happy about playing a game, but often fustrated (yes even animal crossing).

I think more of these type games should be made, simply to let people smile a bit more.
Erm, play Ouendan.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm... Simple but fun
smile.gif

But if you mean satisfaction and fun, I'd have to agree with Raf. Osu Tatakae Ouendan is a great game that you'll never get bored with. Many of the scenarios you play through are something that you can compare with such as the student trying to study but, his family is making too much noise. Then there's the satisfaction of getting them through each stage of the scenario despite the wacky Manga graphics. It's Japanese only but, you don't really need to know the language to play and know what's going on.

And if you want something original or just more styles of gameplay, you can always try the hilarious Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Trauma Center or Wario Ware. You can also try the recent Kaitou Rousseau too which is a great original game where you have to draw disguises to hide your phantom thief. Unfortunately, it's Japanese only ATM.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know about you, and about Me & My Katamari, but the original Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are two great titles full of happiness! Period! Wario Ware and Wario Ware Twisted are also hilarious games too. Loco Roco looks so good... Sadly I'll never play it...

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I despise this game. The music is so annoying I felt like throwing my PSP out the window. Worse yet, using only the D-Pad to control the game gets really tiring, just like it did with the ultra crappy DK King of Swing.

(It hurts the old digits.)

My friends are sharply divided on the subject. I showed it to a Sony loyalist and he didn't even bother to finish the first leve.l I then showed it to anothe friend (a Nintendo fanO and he wanted to take my copy home with him.

(I only own this game because of my job. Once I'm done, its off to ebay.)

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know about you, and about Me & My Katamari, but the original Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are two great titles full of happiness! Period! Wario Ware and Wario Ware Twisted are also hilarious games too. Loco Roco looks so good... Sadly I'll never play it...

i loved katamari damacy especially the j pop songs they made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too love the Katamari games mostly for the crazyness and the cool songs I even listen to them on my ipod. But I found it really hard to play on the PSP the way the controls were set up. I did play Loco Roco and it is pretty cool. I may get it soon but right now I am too busy playing with my new DS Lite getting one got me back to playing DS games.
yaynds.gif

Darkspark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Katamari looks just as good as LocoRoco. The songs sound a bit gay though.

Why is Nintendo letting these get away?

As one reviewer aptly put it,

"Loco Roco is the best game Nintendo never made"

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The soundtrack has a kazoo. A kazoo. How on earth can you not love this game
happy.gif
Just lost 15 mins of my life to the flash website and I'd happily lose 15 more. Then another 15. And another. And be giggling like a looney throughout. It's nice to find a game that's just plain fun.

Never played Katamari Damacy but I've heard a lot about it. Might comandeer my sister's PS2 and give it a try.

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've heard nothing but good stuff about Loco Roco, might try it when a friend of mine brings his PSP...

Never played Katamari Damacy but I've heard a lot about it. Might comandeer my sister's PS2 and give it a try.
Katamari is a real must, the music is really cool, the converations in the game are crazy and it's so freaking fun. Especially when you start rolling up cars, trains, houses, flats, entire islands etc
laugh.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I never really knew what the fuss was about Loco Roco till I decided to actually look up what it was
biggrin.gif
I'm very glad I did because now I want to buy it! As soon as devhook emulates 2.71 I'll put my money down.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got it less than a week before the downgrader got released.
D'OH!
great game, and I can play it on my 1.5 if I feel like transferring the iso to my mem stick, and said iso taking up a large portion of said stick.
yeah, I'm waiting for the 2.6/2.71 devhookiness.

D

Deleted User

Woohoo! Firmware 2.71 has just been decrypted
biggrin.gif
Hopfully it'll make it's way into the next Devhook release and I can finally buy Loco Roco.
huh.gif
that would be the best that could happen to me and my psp at the moment! i really like buying games but as i have a downgraded 1.5 psp my orignal version of 'me and my katamari' just keeps sitting in my hori umd case because i can't play it and therefore i see no need in buying the newer releases, which makes my psp almost useless
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I bought Loco Roco and have it sitting on my desk.....but alas no devhook update yet. It wants me to update to 2.6 and I don't feel like using the 2.6 downgrader afterwards if I can help it, so I'll just wait.

On the plus side Burnout Legends was 50% off so I nabbed it too
biggrin.gif
$AU38, score!

D

Deleted User

it's out!
biggrin.gif
devhook 0.43 ...

well, i couldn't get it to work with the fw from my katamari umd but after i found a 'full' version it actually works! superb!
yaypsp.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
haha yep
biggrin.gif
I've been playing Loco Roco nonstop. It's pure awesome in a jar (or should I say blob?). It's such an original title and it manages to put a smile on your face when the little loco roco's are singing to you or yelling "noooo!" when you split them up.

If you have a PSP get this game
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1