Homebrew RELEASE Lockpick - Switch key derivation homebrew

Redeemed116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the prod.keys file generated from Lockpick, is it normal to receive "failed to match key" warning messages when converting an xci to an nsp? When I used the keys that I got using the hactool method I never received those warnings.

Last edited by Redeemed116,

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the prod.keys file generated from Lockpick, is it normal to receive warning messages when converting an xci to an nsp? When I used the keys that I got using the hactool method I never received those warnings.
hactool and anything that uses it will not recognize a ton of these keys so annoying warnings are inevitable

BobQ12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picture

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181208_223701.jpg
    MVIMG_20181208_223701.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 267

BobQ12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH i was mistaken, i had my source search set on "match case". anyway yeah that most likely means ES already isn't running for whatever reason, have you tried rebooting and running it again?
Yes I have. It still doesn't work for some stranger reason

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have. It still doesn't work for some stranger reason
do you have any games or demos installed / have you ever played a game? if not, it will fail as there's no titlekeys to dump! they're just game-specific keys that are generally just used for modding or piracy stuff

BobQ12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I have never played a game on the switch. I was trying to get the keys to convert my game files to nsp

Arciswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you have any games or demos installed / have you ever played a game? if not, it will fail as there's no titlekeys to dump! they're just game-specific keys that are generally just used for modding or piracy stuff
Hello, I'm in the same boat - if I install / download a demo will it solve the issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night