Homebrew Question Local Wireless Play over Internet

Ashhhpro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys! Someone know how to do this?
I wanna use the function of Local Wireless (so 2 nintendo switch) over internet (create a fake wireless lan)
Is possible?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nm misread the post.

I've heard people suggest hamachi and something else, but nobody has tried it yet? You would just need something to forward broadcast packets like openVPN. It was also suggested that the game would twitch out since the latency would be horrific compared to lan play.

Come to think of it, you could just bridge two routers using openVPN server/client in TAP mode. Or Tinc if that's still a thing, and your router supports it although being peer to peer mesh instead of server-centric could pose issues or be better than other types, won't know until someone tries it.

The lag though, the lag...

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: GeneralLee

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Wireless play" generally means a direct bluetooth connection between Switches, which is going to be much harder to capture/tunnel. "LAN play" will go through your wi-fi router and is probably what you want to work with. In games like Mario Kart you have to explicitly select "LAN Play" to get this working.

Of course you still need whatever tool to get from your wi-fi router over the internet, but there's standard tools for that like hamachi or setting up an OpenVPN server.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
D

Deleted User

A VPN (Virtuell Private Network) will help you. The name says what it does. There are certain tools that will help you (Hamachi)

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That method requires waaay more effort than a vpn AND requires specialized equipment. This is shit.

It's honestly not that hard to setup in the slightest, if your someone whose trying to make things like remote play work then you should be expected to do a bit of setting up without whining. Your opinion is yours sir.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in an emulator, citra has this exact feature. Just like the 3ds with the exact same technology, I wouldn't expect it on the actual console itself. I would count the emulator thing since yuzu did start out as a citra fork.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"