Hacking Suggestion Creation of an online P2P network for people running backups similar to zbattle, or kaillera clients

Who dares to create online gaming for people that uses reinx / sx os/ atmosphere?

• Total voters

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So I decided to kind of try this out with someone. We tried it with Hamachi. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to work. Obviously, there can be a lot of variability errors, so I'm not too sure if we can entirely rule out Hamachi, but for now, I'd ideally want to try out what @RHOPKINS13 has suggested: OpenVPN. The reason I think it'd be easier to use OpenVPN over Hamachi (at least for initial testing) is that it should hopefully/potentially remove some of the variability errors. For example, reexe in the post above me says to bridge your Switch connection and Hamachi. I couldn't get that to work. Bridging the connections would cause Hamachi to start acting strangely and would stop pinging the other player on my PC. Hamachi was also designed for PC games and not for consoles.
Please report if you had success with your method. Appreciated.

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I decided to kind of try this out with someone. We tried it with Hamachi. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to work. Obviously, there can be a lot of variability errors, so I'm not too sure if we can entirely rule out Hamachi, but for now, I'd ideally want to try out what @RHOPKINS13 has suggested: OpenVPN. The reason I think it'd be easier to use OpenVPN over Hamachi (at least for initial testing) is that it should hopefully/potentially remove some of the variability errors. For example, reexe in the post above me says to bridge your Switch connection and Hamachi. I couldn't get that to work. Bridging the connections would cause Hamachi to start acting strangely and would stop pinging the other player on my PC. Hamachi was also designed for PC games and not for consoles.
With openvpn you would also have to bridge, unless you have a VPN client in your router. You can test Tungle if hamachi does not like bridging. Tungle is like hamachi but you create public rooms instead of private networks.
EDIT: Come to think of it, Xlink Kai have the bridgning thing built into it, so if regular VPN networks (like hamachi and so on) does not work, one could join any Xlink Kai server and then select the Ad-Hoc in Xlinks Kais settings to be the network your console is located on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will do!

If anyone wants to help out, there's this Discord server we've been using: https://discord.gg/4N9QU5

Good Idea with a Discord! I will join

Last edited by reexe,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All hamachi and others do is forward broadcast packets, with priority on game traffic.

openVPN, PPTP and Tinc should all work.

Be sure to use a TAP adapter in switch mode, not TUN.

It would also be useful if there was a way to for the local side to capture icmp packets and forge a return to give a false sense of low latency.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: reexe

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the Tinc manual: https://www.tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc.conf.5

Mode = router | switch | hub (router)
This option selects the way packets are routed to other daemons.

router In this mode Subnet variables in the host configuration files will be used to form a routing table. Only
unicast packets of routable protocols (IPv4 and IPv6) are supported in this mode.

This is the default mode, and unless you really know you need another mode, don't change it.

switch In this mode the MAC addresses of the packets on the VPN will be used to dynamically create a routing table
just like an Ethernet switch does. Unicast, multicast and broadcast packets of every protocol that runs
over Ethernet are supported in this mode at the cost of frequent broadcast ARP requests and routing table
updates.

This mode is primarily useful if you want to bridge Ethernet segments.

hub This mode is almost the same as the switch mode, but instead every packet will be broadcast to the other
daemons while no routing table is managed.

-----

Why not use hub mode without all the overhead you may ask?

The Hub and Switch Have Similar Roles
Each serves as a central connection for all of your network equipment and handles a data type known as frames. Frames carry your data. When a frame is received, it is amplified and then transmitted on to the port of the destination PC. The big difference between these two devices is in the method in which frames are being delivered.

In a hub, a frame is passed along or "broadcast" to every one of its ports. It doesn't matter that the frame is only destined for one port. The hub has no way of distinguishing which port a frame should be sent to. Passing it along to every port ensures that it will reach its intended destination. This places a lot of traffic on the network and can lead to poor network response times.

Additionally, a 10/100Mbps hub must share its bandwidth with each and every one of its ports. So when only one PC is broadcasting, it will have access to the maximum available bandwidth. If, however, multiple PCs are broadcasting, then that bandwidth will need to be divided among all of those systems, which will degrade performance.

A switch, however, keeps a record of the MAC addresses of all the devices connected to it. With this information, a switch can identify which system is sitting on which port. So when a frame is received, it knows exactly which port to send it to, without significantly increasing network response times. And, unlike a hub, a 10/100Mbps switch will allocate a full 10/100Mbps to each of its ports. So regardless of the number of PCs transmitting, users will always have access to the maximum amount of bandwidth. It's for these reasons a switch is considered to be a much better choice than a hub.

https://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/router_switch_hub.asp

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try with Xlink Kai if you are already banned just connect directly to your router Wifi without any VPN or special tweaks...

On Xlink Kai you set the IP of the Switch so it will grab all its LAN packets and send them untouched over the internet to other persons computer that will redirect them untouched to that guy's Switch.

You have to open router ports 4 it, read a tutorial and test, because I don't see why wouldnt Xlink Kai work as it is unless Nintendo also added a ping limit to LAN like M$ did on the Xbox360...

Though there are some god damn super dumb router which just doesnt work, I had a god damn hard time back in the Xbox Original days with my old router it seem it didnt wanted to open the ports even though I had them setup right and I had to re-do it quite a few times until the router finally accepted and opened the ports LOL.

Also after reinstalling windows I never had Xlink Kai working again and it took me quite some time to find the reason, it was the intel driver installed that had a management LAN option with no program at all it just added more settings to the LAN card settings on windows, after fully deleting LAN drivers and reinstalling without the intel management Kai started working it seem it blocked Kai...

So if you try it first with other known console and its working, I don't see why wouldnt it be able to work with Switch by grabbing its packets and sending to other Switch over internet.

Remember that both you and ur friend need to join same console and game room or it wont work...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now trying to make a emulation of nintendo online service hosted somewhere or somehow will give a HUGE HEAT, remember Nintendo online is soon to start as a paid service and I don't think Nintendo would let anything trying to replicate its paid service, I'm sure someone would go to Court very, very fast 4 something like that, its not even close to being on a gray area of modding stuff to run homebrew or anything :(.

Last edited by guily6669,

CIGrittz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xlink is currently testing compatibility with nintendo switch I use it every day for socom us navy seals and noticed the arena today will post a picture

CIGrittz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure on the arenas list there is definitely a switch arena that states testing compatibility with nintendo switch check back soon.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Late bump, but tunneling Switch LAN titles works perfectly fine (even with 200~ms of latency).

The XLink developer/s will likely implement it when they can find a reliable method of detecting Switch network traffic.

eikichi09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes ! Finally a really good news.
Now I am super hyped and I can't wait for more info on it.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Mind you - this is exclusively for titles that actually support LAN play, not local play, modes.

It also requires a supported USB ethernet adapter for the Switch and a PC running the tunneling software on the same wired network as the Switch.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mind you - this is exclusively for titles that actually support LAN play, not local play, modes.

It also requires a supported USB ethernet adapter for the Switch and a PC running the tunneling software on the same wired network as the Switch.
That's okay with me.

KwoHao

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Someone created switch-lan-play in Github.
It is fully working.
It use arp attack to create a huge fake lan for switch.
I have been using this with my friend more than a week now, very stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end