Hacking Loading Times

HoTsHoT89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
While waiting for the train to reach my destination, I got out my DS and thought of what to play. I was to wait for another 10 minutes, so I decided to play something short. After searching through my list I finally got Ouendan 2, then later a bit of TouhouDS, and I arrived at my stop.

However, I never noticed how long my R4 takes to load ROMs. Time Hollow loads in less than 3 seconds in a single bar, where as the Nintendo DS Browser takes two bars to load, just slightly around 9 seconds. Why do load times differ with different games? I first thought about the size of the ROM, but hey, the Nintendo DS Browser's only about 9MB, where as Time Hollow takes up 128MB of space.

Anyone with a good explanation for this?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
If you think the R4 takes a long time you should try the DSTT - on some games (lego batman for ex.) it seems to take all day.

HoTsHoT89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
quim69 said:
If you think the R4 takes a long time you should try the DSTT - on some games (lego batman for ex.) it seems to take all day.
Haha never said that it took long, it's just the loading times aren't constant with every game. Why is it so?

HoTsHoT89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't usually trim them, save for the Nintendo DS Browser ROM which automatically does it for me when I patch it to be used with the M3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0