Hacking Loading GBA saves in YSMenu?

pakistexican88x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had previously been using GBA Exploader, but now since that's been giving me problems, I decided to look for alternatives to loading GBA roms on my DS. I came across YSMenu, and I saw that it allows the R4 to directly load GBA roms. However, I can't get it to use the .sav file that i used in GBA Exploader. And I know the .sav file isn't exclusive to GBA Exploader because it was made from Visual Boy Advance. So are the .sav fils that YSMenu makes different? If they werent different, then there has to be a way to load them. Otherwise, what would happen if you were to load a different GBA rom? it would have to replace the SRAM sav with the new games. So, in order to play the previous game, it would have to load the previous game's .sav file to the SRAM.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
SRAM is diffrent story
Just try to...no wait
first of all make backups
tongue.gif

Now, try to copy some .sav file to card with corensponding ROM, of course they should both have same names not counting extensions (GBA and SAV)
Now put card in R4 and turn DS on
wait an hour...just kidding
wink.gif
move arrows to that ROM, You should have on touch screen button called Write, use it and then load ROM, it should go
happy.gif

pakistexican88x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so YSMenu doesnt seem to even load the GBA .sav files it creates when it doesnt find one. It creates it, i save a game, and when i go to load it again, my file wont be there. Does this maybe have to do with the YSMenu configuration i have? I have it set up so that i have an .nds file that loads up YSMenu from the original R4 firmware. It loads all other NDS .sav files fine.

Daniellogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ysmenu doesnt patch the gba games properly in many cases, sadly, I tried to run a pokemon rom on it, and the only way to make it recognize the sav (although the game said "sav corrupted" it loaded the sav and I was able to play and save) was patching it first with the 3in1 tool by Ez or the EzClient, so atm is way better to stick with gbaexploader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"