Status
Not open for further replies.

jurulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im using uwizrad I have put my key in but I am getting error extracting files?

I've exact the same issue on both Uwizard and DiscU.

First be sure you can open DiscU if not Uwizard will not be able to extract the WUD because it actually use DiscU.

I've fixed my problem by coping the file msvcr120.dll (version 32 bits/x86) into the folder of Uwizard and DiscU.

You can always install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Redistributed package version x86 to fix the issue.

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah now that you said that reminds me, some of the websites where I used to follow all the Wii U news such as wololo have never posted any update about wii U since months now, nothing about the release of kernel exploit, modding tools, spoofing, and now backup loading...
I find it strange.

To be fair wololo has been a bit slow reporting on some of the vita's recent scene movements and vita is their main focus I believe. Gbatemp and unfortunately twitter seem to be the best places to find any information first on 3ds and wii u info

Reactions: Margen67

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Yeah now that you said that reminds me, some of the websites where I used to follow all the Wii U news such as wololo have never posted any update about wii U since months now, nothing about the release of kernel exploit, modding tools, spoofing, and now backup loading...
I find it strange.

I am the one responsible for this. Generally, it is me who writes about 3DS/Wii U stuff at wololo. Sometimes other bloggers write about 3DS too, but nearly never about Wii U. Last months i wasn't very active so...

I will try to follow 3DS/Wii U scene more closely and try to write more articles from now on. Here is a start:

http://wololo.net/2015/10/02/loadiine-first-backup-loader-for-wii-u-released/

D

Deleted User

I am the one responsible for this. Generally, it is me who writes about 3DS/Wii U stuff at wololo. Sometimes other bloggers write about 3DS too, but nearly never about Wii U. Last months i wasn't very active so...

I will try to follow 3DS/Wii U scene more closely and try to write more articles from now on. Here is a start:

http://wololo.net/2015/10/02/loadiine-first-backup-loader-for-wii-u-released/
"I hate to say that, but we told you not to update to 5.4.0." It's not our fault the Wii U auto-updates.

D

Deleted User

They've been warning us to block auto updates since the beginning :). But I agree auto-updates are quiet annoying ^^ I'm still stuck on 5.4.0, I simply removed internet access from my wii U for now.
Yes i setup OpenDNS when i was on 5.3.2, but since i didn't hear anything at all from the hacking scene i disabled it. A few days later 5.4 came and it said that it will patch the exploits, and it was already too late for me..

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes i setup OpenDNS when i was on 5.3.2, but since i didn't hear anything at all from the hacking scene i disabled it. A few days later 5.4 came and it said that it will patch the exploits, and it was already too late for me..

Yep, patience is the ultimate key :D

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Splatoon released so. I wanted to play online

Exactly ^^, that's what happens in the scene CONSTANTLY, in fact it is the same in all the other hacking scenes !
each time some incentive comes up, people be like > I wanna play this NOWWW !
So they do that. And once they get tired of their 'new toy' they comeback expressing frustration or regret for updating :D
Exact same thing happened not so long ago when mario maker came out ! and look, those who were patient for few more days were able to play it eventually while keeping their exploitable version ^^.

Trust me, watching the scene for over a year at least, I see this repeating all the time :D Same thing in 3ds scene ^^

D

Deleted User

Exactly ^^, that's what happens in the scene CONSTANTLY, in fact it is the same in all the other hacking scenes !
So they do that. And once they get tired of their 'new toy' they comeback expressing frustration or regret for updating :D
Exact same thing happened not so long ago when mario maker came out ! and look, those who were patient for few more days were able to play it eventually while keeping their exploitable version ^^.

Trust me, watching the scene for over a year at least, I see this repeating all the time :D Same thing in 3ds scene ^^
When Gateway announced that they found an exploit for firmware 9.2 there wasn't anything i needed to do online, so i just waited. Different with Wii U, but it's my fault.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

yeah pokemon ruby & saphire and smash bros where the main ones for people updating past 9.2 after gateway announced the 9.2 hack...always the same, and the same people will be asking even if another hack is released and they get impatient for something and update

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
When Gateway announced that they found an exploit for firmware 9.2 there wasn't anything i needed to do online, so i just waited. Different with Wii U, but it's my fault.
I don't think you should feel bad about updating. I updated too because I wanted to play the newest titles and I was under the impression all the progress was simply being made towards hacking games which I don't care about.

That's why right when Loadiine was announced I bought a 5.3.2 system.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't think you should feel bad about updating. I updated too because I wanted to play the newest titles and I was under the impression all the progress was simply being made towards hacking games which I don't care about.

That's why right when Loadiine was announced I bought a 5.3.2 system.
i can appreciate people who can live with their decisions, what i hate is "well there was nothing for me now i want the rom loader so any news on 5.5.0 support you guys should have told me that things would happen like this, its all your faults :nayps3:"........"how about now?".........."how about now?"......."hurry up you are taking too long!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've exact the same issue on both Uwizard and DiscU.

First be sure you can open DiscU if not Uwizard will not be able to extract the WUD because it actually use DiscU.

I've fixed my problem by coping the file msvcr120.dll (version 32 bits/x86) into the folder of Uwizard and DiscU.

You can always install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Redistributed package version x86 to fix the issue.
Yeah I found out in the end that it needed the visual 2013 package. It didn't mention this in the UWizard OP thread I was using a different laptop than this one so that was why I could not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol