Hacking Loadiine SD Card Installer

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, I missed that. Now there is stronger filename checking & correction in place so let's see if you can still break it :P

Will try later tonight!

Next step is to add the ID6 to the folder name, thats my next task anyway due to loadiine possibly using covers in the near future.

While im here, did you have any troubles reading the XML file? Visual basic will not read the xml by default, had to do a stupid workaround.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice Work @BullyWiiPlaza :) When i get time . I add it to wiiubrew.net :)
While you're there you should fix the horrible squishiness of the banner gamepad images
Unnamed image (1).png

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need an XML parser library preferably.

I did that, but every time it attempts to read it i get Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1 - all references seemed to point that the XML has an invalid character, but it really doesn't.

What I did to work around was read the whole file, put it in text, copy the line I need back to a new xml file, read that xml file (which works fine) and then delete the files I created.

Crazy ass shit just to read a damn file name lol. Was up to like 3am coding that.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did that, but every time it attempts to read it i get Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1 - all references seemed to point that the XML has an invalid character, but it really doesn't.

What I did to work around was read the whole file, put it in text, copy the line I need back to a new xml file, read that xml file (which works fine) and then delete the files I created.

Crazy ass shit just to read a damn file name lol. Was up to like 3am coding that.
Lol, I just have this :P
for example if i want to play a EU rom
but my console is US
i need to rename files in the folders
If there's a general way to rename files then I might be able to do it so let me know.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I just have this :P

If there's a general way to rename files then I might be able to do it so let me know.
It would be really dodgy but you could try to experiment with implementing a check for every instance of "eu" and replace it with "us". That may be dangerous though because it might mistake letters in the middle of filenames as something it needs to replace...

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be really dodgy but you could try to experiment with implementing a check for every instance of "eu" and replace it with "us". That may be dangerous though because it might mistake letters in the middle of filenames as something it needs to replace...
Like you realized, it doesn't work that easily unless it's only a specific .xml file or whatever. I need more information on this :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still have the game name before the ID, maybe add the option?

ive been dreading looking into pulling the game id as its more xml work lol.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can still have the game name before the ID, maybe add the option?

ive been dreading looking into pulling the game id as its more xml work lol.
Me the opposite, once you got some libraries figured out it's easy as hell lol :P

Basically:
- Get the last 4 characters from the product_code line
- Get the last 2 characters from the company_code line
- Concatenate the product code with the company line

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait wait, you mean it adds those shitty ass brackets now and it's not removable? The fuck..
Yeah :D
But I'm not sure yet how it should be like for best support and folder readability. Maybe the game name customizable but definitely followed by the game id in brackets?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah :D
But I'm not sure yet how it should be like for best support and folder readability. Maybe the game name customizable but definitely followed by the game id in brackets?
Or you know, let people name the folders what they want, and add <tags> for autogeneration.... Seems logical to me. I'm sorry, but this convention of adding brackets and IDs at the end of a folder name is stupid.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me the opposite, once you got some libraries figured out it's easy as hell lol :P

Basically:
- Get the last 4 characters from the product_code line
- Get the last 2 characters from the company_code line
- Concatenate the product code with the company line

I got it done before work today but its another clusterfuck...I tried doing it that simple way but NO visual basic doesn't like it

I had to:
  • change the xml to text
  • read the longname from text, write to a new single xml file
  • read the product code from text, write to a new single xml file
  • read the company code from text, write to a new single xml file
  • read longname xml, print in the box
  • read the product code xml, concat text box
  • read the company code xml, concat text box
  • clean up temp files

and bam - full ID6. fucking visual basic. lol.

next is the progress bar, for some reason i just cant figure it out - tried using a background worker, setting a timer but nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2