• Views 2,476,910
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
why force users to go to 5.3.2 url if they have 5.4.0 ?
it's not best to link to the main page?

I don't know how much the detection is affected by the typo. you can see what needs to be changed by looking at the latest commit on git.

I noticed you have a snake game. you made it? where's the release thread or git so I can add it to wiki?

i see someone posted the snake link ...
were in the middle of totally rewriting the site to auto detect firmware and present f/w specific icons... yes your right the page was only specific 532 brews if you link then the main site that will cure it for now.. thanks.

pulstar80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you expect the P2P scene to update Loadiine releases, especially those few games with DLC? (and let's not kid ourselves, WiiU has a limited but good range)

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW this is really good, just tested it on my wiiu and this is the launcher that I'll show my kids. Its very user friendly. So happy I donated now! (you guys should too!).

Looks VERY slick
I'm on 5.4.0 and can't get the exploit to work (self hosted).

It shows the video player interface and then freezes and I have to powercycle. The video player never leaves the screen.

What exact version of PHP is needed?

I'm on 5.3.3 php and 5.4.0 wii u fw, self hosting all working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am I missing something?
I cannot get the 3d covers to work.
I have them named correctly, and they are placed inside the SD like this wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/boxart3d/BCZE01.png
What could be the problem? any help is much appreciated.

Its not boxart3d its covers3d , check 1st post.

Last edited by charlieb,

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After more testing it looks like the problem may not be my self-hosting, but the 5.4.0 exploit itself.

When I try the versions hosted at wiiubru, I can only get Loadiine to launch about 20% of the time. When it doesn't work, I get one of three errors:

- "DSI exception" and a bunch of hex codes
- "race attack failed"
- a frozen video player

Nobody else on 5.4 is seeing this?

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did anyone tried virtual console games!? Are they fully playable!?

I have tried Donkey Kong 64, but when i have to dive in the training barrel he simply doesn't. Than i've tested Kirby's Dreamland 3, but after i have inhaled an enemy i can't release it's power. Seems like the control is not fully supported!? Or what's going on there...

After more testing it looks like the problem may not be my self-hosting, but the 5.4.0 exploit itself.

When I try the versions hosted at wiiubru, I can only get Loadiine to launch about 20% of the time. When it doesn't work, I get one of three errors:

- "race attack failed"
- a frozen video player

I've seen the first one or two times. Simply restart your wii u and try it again. Race attack failed is the mostly shown error.

Last edited by WiiFoundLove,

BTr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So far so good here...tested NDS rom injection and worked perfectly.
The following wiiu games worked 100% until now here.

Captain toad (US)
LEGO city undercover (US but using EU meta folder)
Donkey kong TF (EU)
Xenoblade chronicles X (US)
Pikmin 3 (US)
Yoshi Wolly world (EU)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Report: Whoever was using my "missing meta folder" pack that I created for icons and backgrounds, it would freeze because the icons. I re-created the icons using east to convert png to tga (Thanks @Reecey ) now it works without freezing Loadiine.
This is definitely the recommended app for converting to TGA. I just set it to convert it as 24 bit to be sure everything works. Once I finish creating the rest, I'll upload it here again for everyone.

On another report, music works. I created a folder called resources in SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/resources/bgMusic.mp3
I didn't edit the cfg file for the music path.
The song I use is DJCutman's "tea and firmware updates". I just renamed the mp3 file to bgMusic.mp3

Also, Minecraft does indeed work. I've read from others that it doesn't. It works flawless on 5.3.2.

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: Reecey

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think a good way to ID the VC games is with the rom id4 and the region

so megaman64 would be NM6EUS the id4 and us as region since all regions can easily be dropped to 2 letter EU,JP,AU,AS,US

megacrop.png

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you use mii maker or smash to load it? also EU or US console?
Minecraft Wii U (USA), on a 5.3.2 USA console. Using Miimaker mode.
Perhaps you've updated the game in the past, and downloaded the wrong region. Or didn't extract properly. It's definitely a user error

I'm back with a working version of my "Icons and backgrounds for missing meta folders" pack. It turns out my old icons were faulty, which caused a freeze to occur. Here's new icons that actually work now:

https://mega.nz/#!GlZ3VZRK!X2TyHXX_QMI3PVOE9xeKFh6S04E7jbJ4ORuRzfYqHEw

I also included some 3D boxart, HUGE thanks to @markehmus ! Seriously he created the missing virtual console covers by hand!

Last edited by MattKimura,

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- "race attack failed"
- a frozen video player

Yes, I have a 5.4.0U Wii U, except the bootrate is more around 10%. I have gotten DSI Exception once, almost always a frozen video player. The freezing is normal from what I have read.

D

Deleted User

Finally got around to doing this, Eldin Caves as Link, still runs fine.
Does it still crash for you?
I haven't tried today, I'll delete my save data and try later to see it that has anything to do with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol