matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this hasn't already been developed or if the idea has been pitched, but I was wondering if it was possible to make a homebrew that allows games to load different .sav files. I'm currently playing Bangai-O Spirits and there are just so many custom maps I want to try, but unfortunately, the game can only hold up to 24. I want to start a new .sav file without having to download another copy of the game so I'll have 24 more slots available for me. Would this homebrew or application be possible?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some flashcarts support it, get one.
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I know of no apps built for the purpose there are several homebrew apps capable of manipulating the file system.
DSOrganize, DSlinux and perhaps even the dos/command prompt for want of a better word implementations.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know the CycloDS Evo supported multiple save files...

Regardless, all you really have to do is use DSOrganize to rename your save files as needed like FAST mentioned. For instance, maybe call your rom "Bangai.nds" and your two save files "Bangai1.sav" and "Bangai2.sav", renaming one of them to just "Bangai.sav" before launching the *.nds file.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to, you could just make another folder for that game and put that save into that folder. Repeat until either memory is full or you have enough Saves.

This is pretty stupid.
tongue.gif
I don't do it but thought of it.

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
If you want to, you could just make another folder for that game and put that save into that folder. Repeat until either memory is full or you have enough Saves.

This is pretty stupid.
tongue.gif
I don't do it but thought of it.
on this train of thought, if you have a ton of space on your microsd, it would be easy (and wouldn't require any file renaming in order to switch saves on the fly) to have multiple copies of the rom, with different names, and then each of your saves corresponding to the copies of the rom.

matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read the review when it first came out. Must've slipped my mind because I wasn't looking for that feature when I was reading it. Sorry.

Edit: I just reread the review and I can't find anything on it. Maybe I missed something. Could you direct me to the right portion of the review?

matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
It doesnt per se. It currently has its default save path (sav in same folder as rom) and a custimizable "alternative" which can be swapped to in the settings.
So technically it's like redirecting where the game loads the .sav from?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SupercardDS1 is cheap and has some of the same features, but you need to be paitient, waiting for it and the program it self. So I would like a CycloDS too, but damn 50 bucks is too much for me now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.