Livestreaming help?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Splych, Jan 18, 2013.

Jan 18, 2013

Livestreaming help? by Splych at 2:10 AM (316 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I am interested in live streaming with a computer along with the plans of using it for gaming and 3d related works [I understand the conflicts]. It is obviously not going to be a dedicated workstation, but I am keeping the option open that this computer can perform mid-range at least with programs such as autoCAD or Tekla Structures. Here's what I have so far:

CPU: FX-6300
    Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3
    GPU: 660Ti
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB)

Case [mid tower]: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey
    PSU: Seasonic X-560
    SSD : Crucial M4 64GB/128GB

I would prefer to have a clean and appealing system which is the reason why I decided to go for this PSU and Case. Will 560W be enough to power this whole system or should I go for the 660W PSU? I plan on running the above along with 2x HDDs both running at 7200rpm. No future plans on X-Firing or SLI.

--

Now in terms of internet connection... What is recommended to run a stream at 720p? What is the minimum/recommended so I can start searching for ISPs that offer faster upload speeds while maintaining the unlimited bandwidth...

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I'd go with a 600W or so to be safe, maybe even 650W, what with the drives and high-capacity RAM and junk.

3. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Do you plan to overclock FX-6300? You should be-aware that FX processor's power consumption scales exponentially when overclocked. In layman's term, eats a lot of wattage.

PSU is fine at stock, but not good once overclocked. Consider Rosewill Capstone 650 if you plan to overclock. And depending on how far you want to overclock, a better motherboard is needed.

If you have money go for 2500/3570K with P67/Z68/Z77 motherboard. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need high end motherboard for Intel OC.