Live-action 'Final Fantasy XIV' TV show in the works

ff tv series.JPG
Your live-action Final Fantasy adaptation fix is about to materialize! Sony Pictures Television and Hivemind partnered and announced in a press release that a live-action television series based on Final Fantasy XIV is in the works. The announcement reads that the show "will tell an original story set in the fantastic world of Eorzea" (FF XIV's universe).

It further details that "the project will embrace the bold and genre-bending sensibilities of the revered and long-running FINAL FANTASY series as it explores the struggle between magic and technology in a quest to bring peace to a land in conflict. Filled with iconic hallmarks of the title's revered mythology – magitek and beastmen, airships and chocobos – the forthcoming series will feature a mixture of new and familiar faces. Those will, notably, include the live-action debut of Cid – one of the games' central and most beloved characters who has appeared in almost every installment of the franchise to date."

"Television is the ideal medium to capture the extraordinary depth, sophisticated themes, and unparalleled imagination of FINAL FANTASY and its multitude of unique and fully realized characters," said Jason Brown, Hivemind Co-Founder and Co-President. "We are working tirelessly to bring together artists from around the world who are united in honoring the extraordinary legacy of this franchise and its millions of fans around the world."

Ben Lustig and Jake Thornton (WINTER'S KNIGHT, THE WELLS INITIATIVE) have been named as the writers for the show, while Jason F. Brown, Sean Daniel, and Dinesh Shamdasani of Hivemind will serve as Executive Producers.

No more information was made available but we should hear more about the project in the coming months. Do you think that the world of Eorzea will be appropriate for a live-action adaptation?

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: NoNAND

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
so it won't be any different than playing the games since your already watching cut scenes 95% of the time :creep:
Maybe you need to play the game before spreading some bullshit about cut scenes being 95% of the game.

In other hand, I don't think it's a good idea to make a tv show based on Japanese fantasy, as I'm sure they will kill the story.

Mystman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do studios refer to CGI as "live action" now? That's not what it is.

Humm.... it really just say "live-action" but never says CGI... also, at some point states to bring "artists", but is misleading cause could be actors or not.

But, from the source cant really say it is CGI.

Anyone has a source with more info on this?

Hivemind is behing "The Witcher" Netflix adaptation... which is a live-action.

Last edited by Mystman,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
This could actually work! I heard that the lore is pretty heavy, and not everyone can play the game with a monthly or yearly subscription, so that would be a nice compromise.

Reactions: Prans

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The anime wasn't terrible back in the day, though I think that one was an original back in the day. The movie was too generic. Since they're basing the TV show on something with some heft, I have decent hopes. I'm guessing they'll match the tone of the game?

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd just redo the Final Fantasy Unlimited series. Either from scratch animated or live action with CGI. Might be too much to ask though.
If FFIV really becomes a TV show, I hope it does well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh great another game to fail as a TV show
Castlevania on Netflix has ordered a 3rd season. Not every adaption is a failure. Be positive. I don't mean be positive that it'll fail either. Lol

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the TV Show has a better story than the actual game, which is so mediocre, lame and doesn't even effect the game play I simply skip it (the dialog). Also, maybe not random character names that could never be logically pronounced. FFXIV is a fun MMORPG and I love the entire Final Fantasy series, but it basically has no story. So let's hope this show will have a good one. Can't wait to see some real life Chocobos !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.