LittleBigPlanet emulation

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by deesto, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2010

LittleBigPlanet emulation by deesto at 5:13 PM (3,122 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. deesto
    OP

Newcomer deesto Member

United States
    I have a .cso ROM image of LittleBigPlanet US for PSP. I've tried running it in a few emulators on XP, but can't get it to work: Jpcsp 0.5 complains about an I/O failure, map error; and pcsp 0.2.0 doesn't throw an error but seems to hand and never does anything with the file (I click Run and it grabs a ton of CPU but never displays anything except FPS:0 in the status bar).

So this is probably a silly newbie question, but is it possible to emulate this game, and if so, what am I not doing or doing wrong?

2. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I can't directly answer your question but I can say this:

I don't think any PSP games can be emulated at full speed yet. PSP emu development has come a long way, but still has a ways to go.

And, with a game like LBP, you might want to decompress the .CSO back to .ISO. Many games lag because of the file compression when in .CSO format.

3. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Um...PSP emulation is crap right now. It will only run a very select few retail games, but mostly demos.

Youre kinda SOL at the moment

4. deesto
    OP

Newcomer deesto Member

United States
    Gotcha ... thanks guys. I really didn't want to purchase a console just to play one game (literally), but my kids (and even my wife) are dying to play this. Too bad it will never go to Wii or DS. [​IMG]

5. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Well, time to get a PSP or a PS3 then? Both have plenty more good games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.