Hacking Little King's Story

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried every combination of settings in the GUI USB Loader. they have a new setting called AutoPatch which gave me a scrolling screen that i had never seen with the other settings. that was cool. for me the best setting for the game is Disc Default (which is the default for the loader). this gives me the black and white screen.

it seems like i am so close to getting this game to work 100% but i just can't get the last piece of the puzzle.

any tips?

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
priapism said:
Caosxp said:
How did the other green screen games came to a solution and this and pikmin 2 not?

did Pikmin 1 get a solution? that one was giving me trouble.
Pikmin 1 and 2 (PAL) work fine for me because they both display in 480p, which is recognized by pretty much every North American TV (with component cables). Little King's Story, on the other hand, only displays at 576i which is why it doesn't work for me.

i have component cables and i am pretty sure that i could never get Pikmin PAL to work. i tired Pikmin 2 PAL the other day and had no luck. i didn't mess around with a lot of settings though. maybe i will try it with composite cables. did you force NTSC with Pikmin? are you using a USB Loader?

Jetpacunlimited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKS ON MY NTSC-U WII

I feel bad for everyone who really wanted to play this game with an NTSC U - Wii. I've read this post over and over while I was in the process of getting the game. I decided i'd just give it a shot. I Brick Blocked it (My WII is 3.2) burned it and ran it on my Backup Loader - The Game works flawlessly (the opening FM is a tiny bit choppy but Im not sure if it wasn't designed to be like that). But it works perfect!

I have a 42" LCD 1080P Vizio and im running through component cables....

Do I need to post pics? I hope this helps!

howyeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bladexdsl said:
it's not that good anyway it's gets boring after a while of doing the same thing over and over. i'm sick of it already
As a matter of fact it is that good!
You do a loooooot more stuff than any other game, lets say a FPS, or even almost every RPG, In FPS the only thing you do is aim and kill anything that moves or in the case of most RPG's walk around pressing the same button again and again watching nice artwork and then enter in a fight command screen.
Like in Pikmin, you do de same thing again and again and again... fight, get treasure, destroy obstacles, repeat... and Pikmin is one hell of a game, now, picture this game that has all the Pikmin elements, plus harvest moon elements, plus animal crossing festivities style. IT ROCKS!!!

This game involves strategy, practice, lots of side quests, upgrades, lots of different types of workers, and warriors, etc etc etc... it is the best game the Wii have had in a long time, I know that's not so difficult to acomplish, but I'm having a lot of fun with this game... More fun than I had with other next gen games like RE5 or Killzone 2... And belive me... I like FPS and I'm a big big fan of RE series. But this game has a lot of charm and a very simple, yet complex gameplay that keeps you wanting to play more and more. Also the game is huge!!

These 4 words are the exact description of the game:

FUN FUN FUN FUN
smile.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I had thought I was having problems playing this via softmii on a 3.3E firmware console, as i was having problems with the wii being unable to read the disk after beating the boss and the obtaining my queen. BUT it seems I simply had my PAL console set at 60Hz via the Wii option screen.

The initial symptoms were jerky video playback in the cut scenes and then it locking after I obtained my queen.

I also thought it might be poor DVD-R, memorex, as prior to getting a batch of Memorex blanks, everything I burnt worked fine.

Just a heads up in case anyone else is having similar problems.

I thought it would not work at all, but it seems it is possible to have partial working.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get Little King's Story working on my PAL Wii.

I have been using Backup Launcher Gamma, on IOS249. I have the Wanikoko system menu 4.0.

No luck. The game won't load off a regular burnt DVD -R or through a USB/SDHC.

The game seems to be recognised and boots, but then just hangs on black screen. It does this in 60 or 50 hrtz

HELP!

I am going insane

DefectiveRej

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the game, copied it to my HDD and works a charm
I have Pikmin 1 & 2 also. Pikmin 2 works no probs but 1 won't load

PAL Wii, using USB loader channels.
95% of the games i own run through the USB loader so i'm a happy bunny!

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, this game stopped working for me...

It use to work! I haven't played it in a while, so it must have something to do with an IOS or CFG loader. Now it hangs at the black screen after the Wiimote strap reminder. Weird!

NTSC console, NTSC game, CFG 57b, tried latest IOS 249, 222, and 223.

Weird...

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working with a fresh copy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far