cdanil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello,

I got a used red slim psp 2000, god of war version. It came with a few games pre installed, it was hacked obviously and the battery was in pieces then taped together. I format the memory card it came with because I wanted to install my games and delete old saves. Then my problems started. So if I take out and put battery in it starts without delay and the green light is on but the screen is black. Also no matter what I do the green light is on and the screen is black.
I guess I deleted something the battery needs? Please help me a little.
Oh also it works fine if I get the battery out and start it on AC power, can play games on it and whatever, but once I turn it off it won't start from battery again.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the firmware version on the PSP?

I have a guess as to what the problem might be, but it'd be nice to know exactly what's on there.

Edit: Okay, I'm impatient, so here's the run down-
I'm guessing you're on some 5.x (maybe even 4.x, if not older) custom firmware that was likely set up with an original battery turned into a Pandora battery as well as a magic memory stick. The battery being turned into an old school Pandora battery would explain the taping and such. I'm not too informed on how all of that worked, but it sounds like whatever the deal was, your PSP has some shaky old hack on it.

Refer here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/

You may want to get a new battery as well. Order an official one if you can find it. Any Chinese battery will nine times out of ten leave you living on the charger.

cdanil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's on 6.60 me- 1.8. It worked fine before I format the memory stick. I'd just like to get it working again, as I can't get my hands on new batteries or anything for weeks. I can still start it up on ac, just not on batteries. Probably the pandora battery needs something to boot. I'd like to figure out what.

Also it charges just fine when I put it on the ac and I can play with only batteries, but if I turn it off I can't turn it on with batteries.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First you should find out if your battery is actually acting like a Pandora battery. To do that, turn your memory stick into a magic memory stick if you can (a quick Google should find you a guide - it's quick and painless), and see if the battery functions like a Pandora. If I'm not mistaken, that model should still be able to function with a Pandora battery, so it should boot up fine if the battery is functioning that way.

If it is this old tool should be able to convert it into a normal battery. I have no idea if there is a newer version of the tool or not, as Pandora batteries are pretty old as far as the PSP scene goes and I've never needed to use either this tool or a Pandora battery, but I imagine that should do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans