Little help regarding playing WUP Games and Updates?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Rokon2, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Rokon2
    OP

Rokon2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    So I haven't had much time with WUP Installer y Mod, but I've tried installing Breath of the Wild, and it did work, but when I tried launching the game, I get a message "Preparing Updates" and then I error out, and can't continue. Sometimes I'll get the option to launch software without updating but, even then I still am unable to play.

I use Mocha CFW and WUP Installer y Mod.

Also, is it possible to use an External HDD in place of a Flash Drive? I have a Flash Drive now, but a larger capacity External HDD I'd like to use instead.

If there needs to be more info I can provide more details.

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You must install update. If you didn't, you'll receive freezes at the startup.
    Yes, be sure to format it to Wii U format. HDDs can't be used if they're formated to that format.

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You either need to remove dns blockers for the update to download or use wiiu USB helper to download the update to your pc then install it using wup installer the same way you install a game.

4. Rokon2
    OP

Rokon2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    Okay good, I'll get to work on the HDD bit, could use the larger capacity.

I use a program called "Wii U USB Helper" found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

That program allows me to download the game I want and, if necessary, the Update as well, and any DLC if I want those as well. So I tried this out with Tri-Force Heroes. I downloaded the game and the Update it asked me to grab. I copied both the game and its Update onto my SD card and then installed the game via WUP Installer y Mod, but the Wii U still gives me the "Preparing Update" even after both the game and Updated were transferred over to my USB.

5. ady199

ady199 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2010
  6. Rokon2
    OP

Rokon2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    For the sake of being thorough, I've followed this video. However, I failed in installing a game to the Wii U. I'll revert back to my original method, using Mocha CFW and WUP Installer y Mod. Moreover, my problem wasn't that I was unable to install my games. My problem is that, even after installing a game and its update, the Wii U will still give me a "Preparing Update" and then crash there.

However, I have an additional question for anyone who knows. The External HDD that I use, that must be set as the MBR yes, not GPT partition style? It must also be FAT32 I wager?

Update: I've gotten Super Mario Maker to work, but every so often I'll get an error that explains that my USB Device is write-protected, and other times I won't get that at all. I'm fairly certain I've disabled write-protection on my USB Device (at this time it's my External HDD) via Command Prompt, but I'd still get it every so often. I will try other games with Updates and see if I can get them working. Super Mario Maker doesn't have its own Update file I need to download, so I'll try a game that does.

Last edited by Rokon2, May 1, 2017