Lite Blue Tool Question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Kbs, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Lite Blue Tool Question by Kbs at 2:56 AM (1,473 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Kbs
    OP

Member Kbs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Since Christmas is coming up I'm thinking of asking for a PSP (preferrably a PSP 3000 but I know they can't be hacked...yet), so since I'm still VERY new to all this PSP stuff and CFW. Is the Lite Blue Tool even close to being able to hack the 3000 or am I better off just getting a PSP 2000? Also, if getting the PSP 2000 is a better choice, what are the chances of getting one that doesn't have that new motherboard in stores?

2. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    Dark Alex needs to find a way to dump the IPL with out hte IPL the battery is useless

3. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just wait till mid december. DarK Alex will probalay hack it by then. Don't buy the psp 3000 yet [​IMG]

4. Knarf

Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The 3000 will be hacked soon. Either late december or early january. Just sit back and wait. If you can find a good deal on a PSP 2000 I say get one of them. The 3000 is indeed better (built in mic, better screen, and better av/out) but the psp 2000 is perfect for hacking. Easy, cheap, and pretty muh damage free if you know what you're doing.

5. Kbs
    OP

Canada
    K guys, I've got another question and I don't think it really deserves a new thread so I'll ask it here. I've been reading that the PSP doesn't support WPA2 network security. Is this true or is there anyway around this? I don't want to change it to WPA or WEP when I've got a bunch of other wireless electronics set up with WPA2 at the moment.

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it's the DS that doesn't support wpa.
    wpa works fine on a psp.

7. sconethief

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a psp 2000, 3000 has some issues with the new screen because the pixels on the new screen are arranged horizontally not vertically like the 2000 and 1000.

8. Kbs
    OP

Canada
    Is it a common issue? Although, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it's not too noticeable and won't affect gameplay.

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The screen isn't an issue unless you play with the PSP 3 inches from your nose.

10. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm surprised no one mentioned that newer slims can't be hacked either for the same reason the 3000 can't.

11. Knarf

Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you get a slim go with the daxter bundles. most of them are still hackable. The newer 2000 series releases are getting fixed so there un hackable.