Hacking List of games that benefit the most from l2+clock on n3ds?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The tint or color change isn't that large at least on my n3dsxl MM LE. It might be a mileage may vary thing.

I just rechecked and yes there is a color change but honestly it's not huge.
True, it's not a huge difference, but immediately it makes me go "nope". I want my games to look as good as possible.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My upper is IPS and lower is TN... I assume that is how it should be?

Guess I lucked out even more on this used $160 CAD Majora's Mask N3DS XL. I didn't even check, and it had firmware 11.2 lol.
I got a N3DS non XL for 95€ which is even less common than a dual IPS XL model but yeah that was pretty lucky, you would've been even luckier if it were a dual IPS but a top screen IPS is pretty awesome too (since it's the more "important" screen)

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I did 3ds ident and mine's the standard ips top, tn bottom. I figured it was based upon the error screen being pure black.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK I did 3ds ident and mine's the standard ips top, tn bottom. I figured it was based upon the error screen being pure black.
It's not technically "pure" black, that's only possible with an OLED display, but yeah it's definitely a deeper black than what's possible on TN displays :P

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not technically "pure" black, that's only possible with an OLED display, but yeah it's definitely a deeper black than what's possible on TN displays :P
My only point for comparison for whether it was real black was my o3ds (blue whatevethefuck it's namewas) that I got when tey didthe price drop, and I know that the colors were really black.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a N3DS non XL for 95€ which is even less common than a dual IPS XL model but yeah that was pretty lucky, you would've been even luckier if it were a dual IPS but a top screen IPS is pretty awesome too (since it's the more "important" screen)
Just wondering, are there cases of both screens being IPS on 3DSident? Or is mine what the IPS config should be?

I do think it is the latter, or else there are like 3-4 different screen combinations. I saw a picture in a YouTube video that seems to show the "top ips" "bottom tn" combination as well.

*Oh yeah, so far I've had no issues and faster loading with L2 cache/clock other than CTGP-7 freezing the system once (don't know if that was the cause).

Last edited by EmBlaze,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wondering, are there cases of both screens being IPS on 3DSident? Or is mine what the IPS config should be?

I do think it is the latter, or else there are like 3-4 different screen combinations. I saw a picture in a YouTube video that seems to show the "top ips" "bottom tn" combination as well.
Yes, all four combinations are possible
The most common is dual TN, you're lucky if you have top IPS and bottom TN, you're the luckiest if you have dual IPS like me and you're definitely unlucky if you have top TN and bottom IPS because it doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: EmBlaze

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rayman 2, Luigi's Mansion and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

On the other hand, iirc Star Fox 64 has a buggy final boss with L2 enabled.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only game that has real issues that I ever heard of was final fantasy explorers and that's _only_ the beginning boss fight that you have to run away from but after that it's AOK with L2 enabled which is what I've always done on every game I've played since I got a n3ds+theoption to enable it.

P.S. Sadly for games that _truly_ need it for the loading time like the lego games _barely_ benefit from it at all, which I hate. I don't know what speed of adapter that the 3ds is using but that could be part of the issue as I have a class 10 w/ 60MB/s seq reads in it(got it around the same time as the system)

Last edited by masterz87,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe the Metal Gear Solid game? I never tried that one since i don't have a New3DS, but i could work, i guess?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only game that has real issues that I ever heard of was final fantasy explorers and that's _only_ the beginning boss fight that you have to run away from but after that it's AOK with L2 enabled which is what I've always done on every game I've played since I got a n3ds+theoption to enable it.

P.S. Sadly for games that _truly_ need it for the loading time like the lego games _barely_ benefit from it at all, which I hate. I don't know what speed of adapter that the 3ds is using but that could be part of the issue as I have a class 10 w/ 60MB/s seq reads in it(got it around the same time as the system)
All I know is that my FBI install speed is ~2 MB/s and that there's no benefit using SD cards beyond class 4.

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible that having this enabled will improve framerate in pokemon Y at certain places where there is a noticable frame drop?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol