Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

purrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess running South Park from the game cartridge doesn’t require 5.0 but if you want the day 0 patch it must make you upgrade, right? I can’t even access the eshop or update Splatoon without the latest firmware.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just to be clear here, and so I don't have to read through 30 pages of posts.
I've been looking around for a Switch these couple of days, and can only seem to find consoles with serial numbers matching a 3.0.1, which is fine, as I have access to a 3D printer and I'm willing to use a hardware mod to eventually get CFW. Am I right to understand that a 3.0.1 Switch (at least for now) is the same as having a 4.1.0 console, and I can therefore buy BOTW and Mario Odyssey carts to play? Or should I just keep it at 3.0.1 and wait patiently?

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to be clear here, and so I don't have to read through 30 pages of posts.
I've been looking around for a Switch these couple of days, and can only seem to find consoles with serial numbers matching a 3.0.1, which is fine, as I have access to a 3D printer and I'm willing to use a hardware mod to eventually get CFW. Am I right to understand that a 3.0.1 Switch (at least for now) is the same as having a 4.1.0 console, and I can therefore buy BOTW and Mario Odyssey carts to play? Or should I just keep it at 3.0.1 and wait patiently?
All current consoles from 1.0.0 to 5.0.2+ of the first hw revision are basicly the same.
Consoles from 1.0.0 to 3.0.0 can use a public exploit, while 3.0.1+ need be be "modded" (see paper clip jig) to boot cfw.

EDIT: Or was it only 1.0.0 can directly boot to RCM? But <= 3.0.0 get another way to get to CFW without this super expensive paper clip...

Last edited by Resaec,

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a physical copy of Overcooked off Amazon and the cartridge says "000" at the end, and I'm running it fine on firmware 4.0.1.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.0.0 Switch and a v002 Cart of Zelda:BOTW which I believe requires 4.0.1. Is there any downside to going to 4.0.1? Am I even able to goto 4.0.1 from 3.0.0?

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hell of a time finding a version 000 Zelda. Went to 4 different GameStops already and everyone has 002.

Does anyone know if the Explorers Edition are all 000? I wouldn't mind shelling out a little more to get a guaranteed 000 plus the extras.

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A friend of mine has a EUR Xenoblade cartridge with serial ending in 003 that has the 4.1.0 system update on it. Feel free to add it to the list.

On another note: Anyone got DKC:TF early and knows its firmware version?

Reactions: Resaec
D

Deleted User

My physical copy of Shantae: Half Genie Hero does not ask me to update. I'm on 4.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: