Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I’m 3.0.2 (EUR), I gather I could buy either DK:TF or Kirby Star Allies to update to 4.1 from cartridge?

Is it better to do it immediately before cartridge revisions make things more complicated?

xy-maps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you actually go online and update games like "Sout Park" without having to install the latest firmware? The patch should be about 4GB in size...
According to the forum, the actual game should run with 4.1.0, or is there now a new patch that requires 5.x.x?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got Battle Chasers Nightwar today (release day) and it runs on my 4.1.0 Switch. Can't tell which is the lowest FW though, but no 5.0 update needed.

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, anyone try the recent ultimate edition of Shantae yet? For obvious reasons I can no longer go to the eshop to just grab the older version, therefore I was wondering if the physical game was still able to run on 4.1 or lower. Then again, I'm probably more concern with Ys Viii next month since I'll want to support a Falcom title once again on a Nintendo console (much like I did with Disgaea 5 for NiS.)

Only real blunder will be the Blazblue cross-over as they'll start charging online by the time the hackers probably find a way for 4.1 users to safely be able to fight players online again. Same for Mario Kart and especially Pokken (the latter is almost pointless without online.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig