Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have played Doom on 3.0.2 today and it worked! So I confirm it requires 3.0.2 not 4.0, I was not connected to Internet when I played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. But all the lists on the internet (including the Switch of my girlfriend) suggest otherwise. So I do not believe you. If it would really be true make 2 screenshots. 1 of your firmware and 1 of the game running.

Adrian137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If my zelda comes with 001 as per OP at the back of the cartridge.

Once I put the cartridge it will prompt to update to 3.0.1? It will not update to the latest version eg 5.0 right?

Reactions: Rauliki

SammySmith54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 4.0.1 Switch.

I bought a new copy of BOTW from Amazon only to find that it asked me to update the firmware. I checked the cartridge and the number on the back is AAAAA20A002.

What firmware does the BOTW 002 require and what update does it contain?

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If my zelda comes with 001 as per OP at the back of the cartridge.

Once I put the cartridge it will prompt to update to 3.0.1? It will not update to the latest version eg 5.0 right?

Nope... it will prompt you for 3.0.1 firmware update if that is not present.

I just got a 4.0.1 Switch.

I bought a new copy of BOTW from Amazon only to find that it asked me to update the firmware. I checked the cartridge and the number on the back is AAAAA20A002.

What firmware does the BOTW 002 require and what update does it contain?

You could have found that yourself by checking the list. It asks you to update to 3.0.2 or later.

SammySmith54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have found that yourself by checking the list. It asks you to update to 3.0.2 or later.

I knew it wanted me to update to 3.0.2 or later. I wanted to know which firmware specifically.
I think you could update the list to include multiple cartridge versions beyond just "3.0.2 or later."

I went ahead and updated the Switch using just the cartridge.
Version 002 of BOTW includes/requires 4.1.0.
In addition, the game is updated to 1.5.

Thanks for your support and keeping this list updated.

Reactions: Resaec and BvanBart

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I knew it wanted me to update to 3.0.2 or later. I wanted to know which firmware specifically.
I think you could update the list to include multiple cartridge versions beyond just "3.0.2 or later."

I went ahead and updated the Switch using just the cartridge.
Version 002 of BOTW includes/requires 4.1.0.
In addition, the game is updated to 1.5.

Thanks for your support and keeping this list updated.
Thank you! We can use this info :)

Reactions: Rauliki

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As I mentioned earlier BOTW 002 contains/requires 4.1.0.

Since my switch came with fw 3.0.2 already, where do i can find this new BOTW cartridge with 4.1.0 update?

Is there a way to spoof the nintendo eshop to be able to download Odyssey luigi baloon world without updating the console for that?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.0.0 as with most big games happend. They will probably ask for the latest firmware.

There's pretty much no way the Kirby cart could require 5.0 as it was manufactured long before that FW was released. Most likely Kirby will be 4.1 on the cart.

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's pretty much no way the Kirby cart could require 5.0 as it was manufactured long before that FW was released. Most likely Kirby will be 4.1 on the cart.

As I stated in the chart as Well. However, I expected something as a day-One patch like they did with odyssey

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I stated in the chart as Well. However, I expected something as a day-One patch like they did with odyssey

Right, but you could just not install the patch and play it off the cart. For what it's worth, my eShop version that I am waiting for to unlock says it is version 1.1.0 (so might already include such a day-one patch in the pre-order preload). We shall find out in about 6 hours!

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, my eShop version that I am waiting for to unlock says it is version 1.1.0 (so might already include such a day-one patch in the pre-order preload).

Hmm, I just checked and my install of Kirby Star Allies has an update available (beyond the installed 1.1.0) but I cancelled the download in the off chance this patch requires 5.0... Anyone else with the cart of the game that has tried to update to current version (beyond 1.1.0) and is still able to play on 4.1?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can update the chart for Kirby Star Allies, 1.1.0 definitely runs on FW 4.1 (was able to activate the digital version myself). I don't know what changed in the 1.1.1 day-one patch (or if it requires 5.0). People with the cart have also reported that 1.0 is playable on 4.1 (as would be expected if 1.1.0 works).

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle