Hardware LInux

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ati driver was just a example... ofcourse i found a driver but still my tv out worked like shit. never got my wireless working on my laptop. all together i spend several weeks on my little ubuntu adventure... but i havent given up hope on ubuntu yet, but just for now I have
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's cool that's cool. If your currently running Windows though and have had that computer for a long time I suggest you run CCleaner it's a great program that deletes unnecessary files. It doesn't delete any documents or such though so don't worry about losing important files.

QUOTE said:
There are also Windows live disks......in fact, you can make your own with just about any program on it. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ Those are illegal and you need those mainly if you forgot your password or something, it's not really useful for anything other than recovering files and/or passwords and such.

Thanks for the advice but i already have those programs and i can vouch for their effectiveness.
I also have a little program called Tweaknow Powerpack XP 2006 which lets me play around with a few of XP's settings which are quite hard to get to and also does some automatic tweaks and optimizations.
I also use Perfect Disk 8.0 to defragment my disk for better performance. It works great and also does off-line defragmenting to make you're machine as smooth as possible.
The only annoyance I have with my current system is the lack of a graphics card so i can't play newer releases (Crysis, GoW, Oblivion) but the integrated graphics work fine for me most of the time.
I can run Half-Life 2 and Far Cry on medium settings at 1024x768 on a decent framerate so older titles are still accessible to me.
I also hate the fact that i am missing 8 MB from my "supposed" 1 GB of ram, making me fail most of the time at system requirements lab.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's cool that's cool. If your currently running Windows though and have had that computer for a long time I suggest you run CCleaner it's a great program that deletes unnecessary files. It doesn't delete any documents or such though so don't worry about losing important files.

QUOTE said:
There are also Windows live disks......in fact, you can make your own with just about any program on it. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ Those are illegal and you need those mainly if you forgot your password or something, it's not really useful for anything other than recovering files and/or passwords and such.

Thanks for the advice but i already have those programs and i can vouch for their effectiveness.
I also have a little program called Tweaknow Powerpack XP 2006 which lets me play around with a few of XP's settings which are quite hard to get to and also does some automatic tweaks and optimizations.
I also use Perfect Disk 8.0 to defragment my disk for better performance. It works great and also does off-line defragmenting to make you're machine as smooth as possible.
The only annoyance I have with my current system is the lack of a graphics card so i can't play newer releases (Crysis, GoW, Oblivion) but the integrated graphics work fine for me most of the time.
I can run Half-Life 2 and Far Cry on medium settings at 1024x768 on a decent framerate so older titles are still accessible to me.
I also hate the fact that i am missing 8 MB from my "supposed" 1 GB of ram, making me fail most of the time at system requirements lab.

That's because you have integrated graphics card.. Anyway glad I could help

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ati driver was just a example... ofcourse i found a driver but still my tv out worked like shit. never got my wireless working on my laptop. all together i spend several weeks on my little ubuntu adventure... but i havent given up hope on ubuntu yet, but just for now I have
smile.gif
I had issues with my wireless on my last laptop when I tried to install Ubuntu about a year ago. If you have a Broadcom wireless card, there are new drivers for fwcutter which makes it really easy to get working.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no desire whatsoever to involve myself in a flameware (although this one does have about 200% more reason). As for the "free" point I would not find it odd if such a point falls on deaf ears around here.

anyhow tried this xcalibur?: http://www.oldblivion.com/?page=about (coincidently it also allows wine and moreover cedaga a better chance)

I did not post but I am waiting for a few things to appear like avisynth v3, better wine, kde (and associated frontends) before I give linux another shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha