Suggestion Linux-specific subsection

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Futurdreamz, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Futurdreamz
    OP

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    We've had a few threads where the question ends up requiring a Linux command line solution, but because of how the title is worded and the section it's in those questions end up being missed by the few members actually able to answer it. For example, right now there's a thread where a controller joystick on a Pi is failing to return to origin when the joystick is released, but nobody contributing to the thread knows how to solve that.

I propose we set up a specific Linux section, which would include Linux PCs, OS, and the Raspberry Pi; which can be used as a catchall location for every thing Linux related, such as OSs and gaming configurations.

Coolsonickirby likes this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Hmmm no. In my opinion,
    https://gbatemp.net/categories/computer-technology-and-gaming.272/ and the subforums related to OS, Hardware and Programming
    are all we need.

If we follow the same logic, we would need a Mac OS section, Windows section.

I believe that would be redundant, especially when we know that this forum section is not the most active.

A simple solution would be to use brackets in titles, like [Linux] or [Raspberry Pi] before the thread name.

Memoir likes this.
  3. Byonic

Byonic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2017
    Bahrain
    I think it would be something, also, im new here, so hello?