AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does not matter what device you have be it a PC/laptop/phone/game console ect you have no excuse for not installing Linux on it. Screw your Microsoft Windows crap the future was is and always will be Linux end of discussion thank you lol

Reactions: Konno Ryo

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It does not matter what device you have be it a PC/laptop/phone/game console ect you have no excuse for not installing Linux on it. Screw your Microsoft Windows crap the future was is and always will be Linux end of discussion thank you lol
You're so narrow minded it literally makes me cringe.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're so narrow minded it literally makes me cringe.
Dude it was somewhat of a joke post thus the lol I use a combination of Windows and Linux everyday in my job so I know them both inside out and yes for many a year I would have rather used Linux but windows 10 is growing on me slowly.

Reactions: Margen67

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

while I agree with you, it's only to a certain extent... are open source things generally more secure? Why yes, but are they always the easiest to use? No they aren't, so for the average end user I can see the appeal of these systems, ofc Linux is really on the rise and I use it exclusively on my systems but it's not quite as user friendly for people who just want to click and go

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dude it was somewhat of a joke post thus the lol I use a combination of Windows and Linux everyday in my job so I know them both inside out and yes for many a year I would have rather used Linux but windows 10 is growing on me slowly.

Yeah well, we don't care what you think of Linux & Windows, this thread is about Linux on the 3DS and the possibilities it could bring, don't start a shitty Windows vs Linux debate, first of all it's off topic and secondly it's the most annoying debate you can ever have on a forum...

Last edited by Idaho,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I agree with you, it's only to a certain extent... are open source things generally more secure? Why yes, but are they always the easiest to use? No they aren't, so for the average end user I can see the appeal of these systems, ofc Linux is really on the rise and I use it exclusively on my systems but it's not quite as user friendly for people who just want to click and go
Anything is difficult to use if it's not familiar. I find Windows 8+ to be completely difficult to use and entirely confusing from the standpoint of someone who has only used Linux exclusively for 5 or so years, but others find it plenty easy. But this is Linux for 3DS, it'll probably be difficult to use anyways without ways to properly deal with input and both screens.

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anything is difficult to use if it's not familiar. I find Windows 8+ to be completely difficult to use and entirely confusing from the standpoint of someone who has only used Linux exclusively for 5 or so years, but others find it plenty easy. But this is Linux for 3DS, it'll probably be difficult to use anyways without ways to properly deal with input and both screens.
SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP!

Geez, stop making this thread worse

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for not reading all the pages, but we don't have a download yet right?
I think it had or something on a post, but now it isn't very usable (crashes every time when booting).

Reactions: teampleb and Idaho

xerpi

Trophies
XP
Country
How many people are working on it at the moment?
I think nobody is working on it atm (because I'm the only one who was working on this).

Also I'm working on a Linux loader for Brahma2, this means that we will be able to boostrap Linux by running a .3dsx on <= 9.2 FW.
But this will take a few days because I'm a bit busy with the uni.

[EDIT] I've just got it working: https://vid.me/ZfdB
I'll do some cleanups asap and then I'll upload the source.

Last edited by xerpi,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think nobody is working on it atm.

Also I'm working on a Linux loader for Brahma2, this means that we will be able to boostrap Linux by running a .3dsx on <= 9.2 FW.
Nobody? Whoever made this is working on it too.

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think nobody is working on it atm (because I'm the only one who was working on this).

[EDIT] I've just got it working: https://vid.me/ZfdB
I'll do some cleanups asap and then I'll upload the source.
Would this work on 10.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.