Homebrew Linking 2 DSes through emulation?

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have two DS games do multiplayer through emulation?

As in, either having two DS emulators on a PC link together (like VBALink and TGB Dual do) or have an actual DS link to a DS emulator on a PC.

I'm not sure if the second one is even possible, but I know that it is possible to emulate having a GBA cart in the DS slot for special features in some games, and that there is (used to be?) a PC program that could send a DS Download Play demo signal from a PC to a DS.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zowayix said:

As in, either having two DS emulators on a PC link together (like VBALink and TGB Dual do) or have an actual DS link to a DS emulator on a PC.

I'm not sure if the second one is even possible, but I know that it is possible to emulate having a GBA cart in the DS slot for special features in some games, and that there is (used to be?) a PC program that could send a DS Download Play demo signal from a PC to a DS.

Frist one is possible.

Dude98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i remember correctly, MelonDS has both local and online multiplayer with the right setup, kinda hard to set up two different touch screens though, so unless it's for something like trading pokemon or a game that doesn't use the touch screen, you're gonna have a mediocre time with it.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
nesds allows (local) multiplayer using the nds nifi protocol (effectively a lan) so you can play 2 player nes games if you have multiple nds

that's the only one i know of

you're referring to wireless multiboot, you need to have a specific wifi chipset or it wont work (it uses a PCI wireless network card with the ralink RT2500 or RT2560 chipset (usb will not work) list is here: http://ralink.rapla.net/)

here's the wmb drivers and app https://www.mediafire.com/file/zzxog27gwuyk7ra

you can only load official demos, and with flashme homebrew under 4mb (it can be used together with slot-2 cards as a passme so you can boot ds mode from slot-2 iirc)

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: wariobar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up