Hacking Link NNID to a system running Luma3DS?

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Arm9hax and Luma3DS to my New Nintendo 3DS! Yay! But I was instructed to first format my system memory before downgrading to 9.2, which was necessary to install Arm9hax in the first place. Now I can't link my NNID account to my system, depriving me of official games and Miiverse access. Less yay.

Is there any way to re-link my 3DS to my Nintendo ID, without updating the system and losing Luma3DS in the process? Luma3DS is supposed to block demands for updates, but it doesn't seem to do it in this specific case. Let me know, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I just installed Arm9hax and Luma3DS to my New Nintendo 3DS! Yay! But I was instructed to first format my system memory before downgrading to 9.2, which was necessary to install Arm9hax in the first place. Now I can't link my NNID account to my system, depriving me of official games and Miiverse access. Less yay.

Is there any way to re-link my 3DS to my Nintendo ID, without updating the system and losing Luma3DS in the process? Luma3DS is supposed to block demands for updates, but it doesn't seem to do it in this specific case. Let me know, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.
You don't lose luma and a9lh when updating.

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's safe to do it, then? I won't lose access to the firmware or any homebrew I've installed? If there's anything I should know, please tell me. I don't want to mess this up!

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it defaulted to EMUnand when you use Luma3DS. There's an option to switch between nands if you hold select on boot-up. Maybe I misunderstood what it said, I don't know.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I thought it defaulted to EMUnand when you use Luma3DS. There's an option to switch between nands if you hold select on boot-up. Maybe I misunderstood what it said, I don't know.
If you installed a9lh, it means you use sysnand. Using a9lh and luma, it makes it possible to use it like an emunand

ArugulaZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you know that I did update, and it worked just fine. Thanks for giving me much needed assurance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol