Hacking LineageOS 21 (Android 14) released

Kingcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LineageOS 21 running Android 14 was released y'day for all Switch versions.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/#nintendo

Known Bugs:
[nx only] ADB doesn't work due to an Android TV platform bug - WIP

Nintendo Switch v1/v2/Lite/OLED - Tablet:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nx_tab/

Unofficial build with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
https://wiki.oddsolutions.us/devices/nx_tab/

Nintendo Switch v1/v2/Lite/OLED - Android TV:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nx/

Unofficial build with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
https://wiki.oddsolutions.us/devices/nx/

Last edited by Kingcool,

MightySashiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If/when people get round to trying it out, I'd love to hear how it compares to switchroot's old LOS AOSP11.
  • Are there still issues with the touchscreen acting weirdly irresponsive and/or imprecise ~1cm around the edge all the way round?
  • Is the wifi working? (5GHz, WPA 3)?
  • Does screen rotation work?
  • Does writing to sdcard work (didn't in switchroot's android because of some fussy scoped storage thing)
Post automatically merged:

Had to reformat my SD card but it's working nice on my oled, seems faster and more stable than the old one.
did you install the tab or atv version? did you install gapps (the one suggested in the install wiki)? did your set up stick to being landscape, or did it at some point change to portrait mode?
I'm stuck in portrait mode. The autorotate does not work, and no setting seems to enable choosing screen orientation.

report:

Installed tab version + gapps tab + magisk.
  • Wifi 5GHz / WPA3 works!
  • System UI crashes pretty often (and ends up force-rebooting lineageOS)
  • Trebuchet crashes regularly
  • Screen orientation: Initialises in landscape ; once done, will be forced to portrait (bottom->top = Rjcon->Ljcon)
  • autorotate system feature and widget do not work
  • Using third-party nova launcher, i was able to force to landscape in advanced settings
  • Joycons seem to respond plugged, but don't work unplugged.

Last edited by MightySashiman,
Reactions: Kingcool

Kingcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If/when people get round to trying it out, I'd love to hear how it compares to switchroot's old LOS AOSP11.
  • Are there still issues with the touchscreen acting weirdly irresponsive and/or imprecise ~1cm around the edge all the way round?
  • Is the wifi working? (5GHz, WPA 3)?
  • Does screen rotation work?
  • Does writing to sdcard work (didn't in switchroot's android because of some fussy scoped storage thing)

did you install the tab or atv version? did you install gapps (the one suggested in the install wiki)? did your set up stick to being landscape, or did it at some point change to portrait mode?
I'm stuck in portrait mode. The autorotate does not work, and no setting seems to enable choosing screen orientation.

report:

Installed tab version + gapps tab + magisk.
  • Wifi 5GHz / WPA3 works!
  • System UI crashes pretty often (and ends up force-rebooting lineageOS)
  • Trebuchet crashes regularly
  • Screen orientation: Initialises in landscape ; once done, will be forced to portrait (bottom->top = Rjcon->Ljcon)
  • autorotate system feature and widget do not work
  • Using third-party nova launcher, i was able to force to landscape in advanced settings
  • Joycons seem to respond plugged, but don't work unplugged.
I forwarded your post to the dev on XDA and this was his response
https://xdaforums.com/t/official-li...-oled-android-tv-tablet.4676854/post-89569927

Reactions: MightySashiman

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to reformat my SD card but it's working nice on my oled, seems faster and more stable than the old one.
Its so much faster its great

The old one I had to remove the default launcher and replace it with flauncher to even get a somewhat usable home menu. But even still apps would freeze and crash

this new one however Ive been playing Pokerogue all morning and have only crashed once or twice...normally its multiple crashes per run

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to update from the old one easy?
Not really since you need to repartition your SD card with dynamic now for android.

It took me a few hours to do last night since I had to back up my 1TB SD card, reparition it, than copy the files back over.

It also took a minute to get everything flashed since the wiki doesn't bundle the firmware files in their proper folder structure for straight dragging and dropping like the one lineage did....but as long as you're aware of that and notice that you have to build the structure its EZPZ

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far so good here too. Lineage 21 and GApps installed fine, my WiFi and Autorotate work fine without third party apps too. I’ve yet to install Magisk, but I had an easy time with that on Lineage 18.1 so I’m assuming no worries there.

Question: is there any way to move the folders (Music/Pictures/Movies et al.) that are created on boot from root to the Android partition? It was a minor annoyance for 18.1 and was hoping there was a work around for 21.

Cheers! :grog:

Reactions: MightySashiman

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, checking in on this thread since it's been a few weeks.

Is it worth installing and upgrading from the previous Android version for the switch?

Hows performance? How's it compare to the previous android? Anymore bugs or issues?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, checking in on this thread since it's been a few weeks.

Is it worth installing and upgrading from the previous Android version for the switch?

Hows performance? How's it compare to the previous android? Anymore bugs or issues?
This version of Android actually functions

Idk about you but the previous version was hella slow and laggy for me. I had to replace the default launcher with flauncher to even have a non laggy Home Screen

Starwarsfan2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to try this. I already have my SD card partitioned with a functional Linux and Android install. Can I simply re-flash this new LineageOS build in Hekate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    now THAT made me laugh.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I cant see it @Xdqwerty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its cause you guys are kids, that joke went over your heads, sorry I don't know too many kids jokes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pay to chat on gbatemp in 2015
    Join date 2024
    +1
  • Nemesis90 @ Nemesis90:
    @Kirbydogs No different than now other than cultural differences. Forums have always had community drama and infamous users.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 only reason why I said that was because 2015 seems for civil than 2024
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You must be new to the internet
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine the tears if temp had downvotes
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Civil? I mean this isn't really a kids chatroom, you are supposed to 15+, which you admitted that you are not even.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's pretty common for one person thinking they can come in and just change an entire community that's older than them
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Fair enough
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    We should take a breather, I guess we all got a little excited there.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be glad some sites ban just because they don't like you
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all cool. Much love to all. No more jokes from me today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get it their heads or so attached that some sites are like second life's to them that's where they get over emotional over something that doesn't even matter just don't care what others say online
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and it's friday we should all be uploading GIFs or I have another temper tantrum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Almost October and it's still 95 out
    +2
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    this is a webp... from GIPHY. GIF-EE.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 where are you, arizona?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I would appreciate if when you post a YouTube link/ picture you can provide context or a description
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty my browser doest let me see things at times
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty my browser doest let me see things at times