lets try this again... BDP-s570 cfw?

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unnamed.jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (1).jpgI figured I'd start a new form because I thought this was a s6700 and I guess I read it wrong and I'm sorry. but I still would like to see if cfw is possible considering the fact since it is Linux based it could possibly run retroarch with some modifications.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: impeeza

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not reply on the same thread?
just dont feel like it i guess and bc it is a different model I just thought to make another one
Post automatically merged:

Why not reply on the same thread?
and since i said the model wrong pple r gonna think I'm wasting there time so I'm not going to get any help🥲

Last edited by hecker_isaac,
  • Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know what chipset u have? it would make it much easier to find out if you opened up the blue-ray player and got the heatsink off (if urs has heatsink)

• Love

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think you’re going to get lucky with this one. The player has been out for at least a decade which means it has at best a low powered ARMv7 chip and at worst a low powered ARMv6 chip. Either way, you’re looking at about the same processing power as a Raspberry Pi 1.

Even worse, the only known root exploit (exploiting the fact that the Vudu app runs as root) was patched by the time that player came out and nobody has been interested enough in them to find more exploits.

Since the player supports upgrading firmware over USB, I would start there if I had the unit. First I’d try figuring out how the firmware bin files are created. Next I would see if I can decompile them into readable code. Then I would try building my own bin file to exploit the machine using known exploits for that Linux kernel variation. But since I don’t have that unit, my interest in the topic is very low, and a Raspberry Pi 4 or a RockChip 3399 with an external Blu Ray reader will do much more probably just as cheap, I don’t see a point to even continue.

It plays MP3’s off USB drives. Do that with it.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think you’re going to get lucky with this one. The player has been out for at least a decade which means it has at best a low powered ARMv7 chip and at worst a low powered ARMv6 chip. Either way, you’re looking at about the same processing power as a Raspberry Pi 1.

Even worse, the only known root exploit (exploiting the fact that the Vudu app runs as root) was patched by the time that player came out and nobody has been interested enough in them to find more exploits.

Since the player supports upgrading firmware over USB, I would start there if I had the unit. First I’d try figuring out how the firmware bin files are created. Next I would see if I can decompile them into readable code. Then I would try building my own bin file to exploit the machine using known exploits for that Linux kernel variation. But since I don’t have that unit, my interest in the topic is very low, and a Raspberry Pi 4 or a RockChip 3399 with an external Blu Ray reader will do much more probably just as cheap, I don’t see a point to even continue.

It plays MP3’s off USB drives. Do that with it.
Pretty much this.

The blu-ray player is an entire waste of time since it has such crappy low end hardware (I own a BDP-S580 model.) Even the XMB lags and stutters to shit when scrolling through it.

At best, the only closest experience you'll get to CFW is this:

https://oss.sony.net/Products/Linux/Video/category01.html

Last edited by master801,
  • Wow

hecker_isaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol