Gaming Let's Tap, Let's Tap, Future tapping game!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
For those not aware, Let's Tap is the first game by Prope Studios, a new studio founded by Sonic's creator Yuji Naka. The game is played by putting the Wiimote on the top of a box (a notebook, piece of wood, whatever will probably work too) and tapping on it.

So, it's basically a minigame collection of tapping games, it uses the Wii controls in a very unique and creative way, and I'm getting a very good Rhythm Tengoku/Wario Ware vibe from it
smile.gif

I also find very impressive that the Wiimote has that much sensibility.

Video showing all the game modes: http://www.gamekyo.com/videofr13716_let-s-...elle-video.html

Rhythm mode showing the controls: http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13617_let-s-...mode-video.html

Off screen gameplay footage from TGS: http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13323_let-s-...ay-footage.html

It's out in Japan by December 18th, no info about a release on West yet, so I'll just grab that version for now
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder about its chances of a release outside of Japan, there was a weird SEGA game about making you happy or something with someone dressed in a condom.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The box seems too big just to be the game, my guess is you need a peripheral for this. Especially after seeing the level of control needed in those games (how is tapping the table the Wiimote is on going to control more than one action?)
Still, looks like it could work, or it might flop badly. Pretty much everything hinges on how well it actually controls.

nightshade_zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
The box seems too big just to be the game, my guess is you need a peripheral for this. Especially after seeing the level of control needed in those games (how is tapping the table the Wiimote is on going to control more than one action?)
Still, looks like it could work, or it might flop badly. Pretty much everything hinges on how well it actually controls.

the box is bigger so that you could put the wii remote on it and tap the box. cause not everyone has empty boxes conveniently lying around.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I was finally able to play it..

And yep, the controls are accurate, it can feel how strong is your "tapping".. played using my DS Lite box, works fine but the box is a little too small, only problem I have is that as you tap the control moves to your direction, so on long stages, in the end I was almost hitting the Wiimote itself, I'll try with a bigger box later.

Tried putting the control directly on the table and it kinda works, but you need to hit too hard and that can't be good for the table
unsure.gif

Also, use a hard surface, tried to put the box on my bed and.. the control jumped on me on my first strong hit!

So, as for the game itself, its fun, the runners game is a lot better than I was expecting. There's a "space shooter" that's hard but fun after you get used to it (light taps keep you flying, strong ones make you shoot). The Rhythm mode is a simple rhythm game.. you should like it if you like Taiko no Tatsujin. There's also a game like jenga that I found a little boring, but looks like something cool to play with friends.. and a visualization mode that feels like an interactive screen saver
tongue.gif

Only problem I found with the game is the way you navigate the menus, you tap to change the cursor and double-tap to select something.. the double tap is not always recognized and can be annoying some times. Of course, you can simply take the remote and point at stuff, which is way better.. And I just found out that you can adjust the sensitivity of the controls in the options menu, I'll mess with that later..

So, very fun game.. one of the best party games on the Wii, hope SEGA brings it to the West.
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just played through half of the games on it, Actually is quite good, one of those Wii games thats really unique, I used a monopoly game box, worked great. The running game is fun, I also thought that the rhythm game was good, very very similar to Taiko No Tatsujin, still fun to play. I'd recommend it.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well heres the deal

this game is short it consists of 4 modes (not counting the 5th which is basically a visualizer) with 15 different challenges

after you do all of that its over and the only one that is really worth anything is tap runner

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chaseincats said:
well heres the deal

this game is short it consists of 4 modes (not counting the 5th which is basically a visualizer) with 15 different challenges

after you do all of that its over and the only one that is really worth anything is tap runner
But at least it is one helluva nice ride.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like tap runner, but the damn game seems to think that I'm trying to jump when I'm actually trying to run. Any tips?

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tap lighter

what i did was used a surge protector box because it was much longer than it was wide and put the wii remote as far away from my hands as possible

it also helps to put on those stupid rubber things so it doesnt bounce around which it will convey as jumps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself