• What's a Fire OS?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
OP
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Amazon took Android and somewhat malformed it into a hellish landscape known as Fire OS. It's, how do I put this, just generally bad. I've got a couple community questions about it.

Firstly, does anyone here even use Fire OS without rooting it (or in general)?

Secondly, why would a company change an already good product into garbage?

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Secondly, why would a company change an already good product into garbage?
I can answer this part (since the answer is pretty wide-spread and well-known)!! At the time, Amazon was competing with Google's Services (or attempting to), and didn't want to use Google's services. The license of the Android Open Source Project not only allows for this, but provides for it. I guess they decided not to take the LineageOS route and wanted their own bespoke user interface that breaks the norms of Android. Probably to reuse as little of Google's code as possible, seeing as everything user-facing is different from AOSP and other Android Devices which would indicate that this was a conscious decision to distance themselves from every other Android device on the planet. (for reference, Facebook's own bespoke Android device, the Quest 2, is very similar, but leaves a LOT of the original Android interface underneath their bespoke UI that can still be accessed, whereas Amazon appears to have reimplemented it completely.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing