Let's talk about Holo.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...net-shared-p2p-hosting-community-technology#/
I just saw this, and I have many many doubts. Obviously this company is trying to profit off of net neutrality possibly going away, but they're also trying to start up their own sort of cryptocurrency which I could see could fail massively. What are your opinions on this Indiegogo? Do you think anything will even come of it?
My verdict: it will fail.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think so, but not 100% sure
yea well, this p2p internet isnt really a good idea
let any people search in my computer and download whatever they want
not for me
i prefer good old torrent, where i select what others can download from my computer

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea well, this p2p internet isnt really a good idea
let any people search in my computer and download whatever they want
not for me
i prefer good old torrent, where i select what others can download from my computer
And really part of the concept is that you can host other people's apps and web pages (i think?)but doesn't that mean you could also intercept the data that gets inputted like credit card numbers?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Peer to Peer internet is not a new concept, there have been many alternatives to Internet as we know, like ZeroNet or GNUnet. Thing is, they never caught on and I doubt some project like this would either, sadly even if internet becomes locked down/the new TV, most non-tech savvy folks would just accept it as that, hell, even most tech savvy people accept unacceptable behavior such as data collection by companies as a normal thing and that used to be a bad thing a decade ago.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1