Gaming Lets Talk About GTAV for Nintendo Switch

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You didn't even answer one thing i asked of you and now because you can't bring new stuff to the table you have to resort calling me names. The funny thing is that people who lose an argument Always do that.
Again, i asked you where do you as the player do controversial stuff like giving racial slurs etc ??? Give me an example and no drug dealing mini games aren't considered controversial because if they were a lot more games would be banned. Please give me an example like that game i mentioned on steam that almost got banned world wide because you as the player are doing controversial stuff ? And i'm not gonna answer again about wolfenstein because i already did that in my previous comment so please bring some new stuff to the table instead of resorting to name calling because you can't find something new to argue with and have to resort to calling me sad.
I didn't resort to name calling, I flat said that you lost. You are also clinging to this idea that everything has to be centered around the main character saying these comments, but I actually can't find examples of your character being racist in GTA 5. Your example, which is Hatred, was banned for being a murder sim. It wasn't made to give a creative narrative or any deeper reason, other than be controversial. Shockingly the same can not be said of the GTA series.
My example of using the drug dealing mini-game actually caused more issues in the media than the amount of violence and language in the game.
why are you ignoring all my points i made. Again for the 10000000th time, you as the player is doing that. It doesn't matter what race you are as long as the player itself is doing it. NOOOOOOOOO because the game isn't even anounced so you can't talk in Nintendo's name so please stop talking like you're talking for them as a company. So annoying
The same could be said to you. You aren't part of Nintendo and you shouldn't be speaking on their behalf.

Edit: I forgot about Manhunt 2! That was a wii game where you could use the motion controls to simulate killing people.

Last edited by The Catboy,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough if true. Buying mostly (if not entirely) for the portable mode since I have it on Steam already. 30 FPS or no, that gameplay looked smooth af, and DOOM(4) is a current-gen game. On a friggin' portable. History being made.
The undocked mode had noticiable frame drops... how is that even smooth lmao.

But yeh, we still need to see the final product... but still... how in the world the undocked mode gameplay was smooth lol

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didn't resort to name calling, I flat said that you lost. You are also clinging to this idea that everything has to be centered around the main character saying these comments, but I actually can't find examples of your character being racist in GTA 5. Your example, which is Hatred, was banned for being a murder sim. It wasn't made to give a creative narrative or any deeper reason, other than be controversial. Shockingly the same can not be said of the GTA series.

The same could be said to you. You aren't part of Nintendo and you shouldn't be speaking on their behalf.
I'm not speaking in their name like you are doing. I'm giving my opinion that i don't think it will ever be released on the system because of reasons i just said plus i already stated multiple times that i could be wrong and that only time will tell. I don't see where i'm talking in their name as a company like you just did multiple times ? There are enough examples and the game hatred is controversial because you as a player are doing that. I told you already this multiple times but you chose to ignore this over and over because you know it's a fact hence why you're ignoring that. And this argument is useless since there is no mention of this game being released or any talks about this so it's a useless argument about a game that doesn't even exist on switch hardware so what's the point of this ? It's clear that there is no point but that you keep going on spouting the same nonsense just because you want the last word making it seem you won a useless argument so here you go. You can have the last word. There you go, enjoy it, savor it !

Last edited by kumikochan,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The undocked mode had noticiable frame drops... how is that even smooth lmao.

But yeh, we still need to see the final product... but still... how in the world the undocked mode gameplay was smooth lol
I watched the entire video and they specifically note it was locked at 30 FPS, though he did notice one or two frame drops in wide open spaces down to mid 20s. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 100% locked at 30 FPS on release or soon after, even if they have to turn down those quality sliders a little more for portable. Still nothing worth complaining about either way, unless you have some silly vendetta toward Nintendo.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
By making the game smaller. The switch wouldn't handle the hi-res textures anyways. Doom is going to be VERY small on the Switch because of textures.
Yeah 25GB at most, could just do a 32GB cart. They might even get it in under 16GB. With the right engine this is possible for literally any current-gen game.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The doom engine is easily scalable, already confirmed by bethesda. And even with that, the undocked version drops its resolution, makes the texture work blurry and dont forget the 30 fps compared to the other versions, which also has noticiable drops in some areas.

Yes, optimization is a thing every dev should do, but let's not say it runs smoothly on undocked unless they prove it otherwise in the final game. Way too early to praise it.
Unless they pull a Factor 5 and have super optimization

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not speaking in their name like you are doing. I'm giving my opinion that i don't think it will ever be released on the system because of reasons i just said plus i already stated multiple times that i could be wrong and that only time will tell. I don't see where i'm talking in their name as a company like you just did multiple times ? There are enough examples and the game hatred is controversial because you as a player are doing that. I told you already this multiple times but you chose to ignore this over and over because you know it's a fact hence why you're ignoring that. And this argument is useless since there is no mention of this game being released or any talks about this so it's a useless argument about a game that doesn't even exist on switch hardware so what's the point of this ? It's clear that there is no point but that you keep going on spouting the same nonsense just because you want the last word making it seem you won a useless argument so here you go. You can have the last word. There you go, enjoy it, savour it !
I am not ignoring you, you failed to give an example that the current day Nintendo still follows the same mindset as Nintendo in the 90's. I then proceeded to show a game that was once censored on a Nintendo system and is not censored on the Switch. I then showed an example of controversial content on a Nintendo product, but for some odd reason you want to cling racism as being a hot button issue here. This being despite the fact that I can't actually find clear cut examples of the main character being racist in GTA 5, unless you are referring to Franklin using the "n-word." To which I don't think the target audience (that being adults of course since the game is rated M) is really going to be upset over him using that word. They weren't upset before, so I fail to see how putting it on a Nintendo system will even change those feelings.
You were suggesting outdated information as an argument against this game and I attempted to update your information with examples of games that argue against your previous viewpoints. Even if this game doesn't exist yet, my examples still do and they show that Nintendo has changed over the years.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Am i the only one who despised the OST of GTA V? i only liked 3-5 songs from the entire OST which is unusual for me. I practically fell in love with the OSTs of GTA VC/VCS/LCS/SA/IV/EFLC and especially GTA iii. Hell i even found GTA Advance's main theme catchy but GTA V just had a really shitty soundtrack in my opinion.

All i remember from GTA V was travelling from one mission to the next whilst listening to "Fergie Glamorous", that was one of the few songs i recognized and enjoyed.

I think R* missed the feel of the game when it came to the soundtrack because past GTAs like SA and VC really took music from their time in order to make the setting feel more realistic and it worked. SA which was set in the 90s had all that gangsta rap which i love and VC had the mushy 80s music which i will never forget. But V was a disappointment when it came to music in my opinion.

Reactions: DreIceAge and Xzi

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am not ignoring you, you failed to give an example that the current day Nintendo still follows the same mindset as Nintendo in the 90's. I then processed to show a game that was once censored on a Nintendo system and is not censored on the Switch. I then showed an example of controversial content on a Nintendo product, but for some odd reason you want to cling racism as being a hot button issue here. This being despite the fact that I can't actually find clear cut examples of the main character being racist in GTA 5, unless you are referring to Franklin using the "n-word." To which I don't think the target audience (that being adults of course since the game is rated M) is really going to be upset over him using that word. They weren't upset before, so I fail to see how putting it on a Nintendo system will even change those feelings.
You were suggesting outdated information as an argument against this game and I attempted to update your information with examples of games that argue against your previous viewpoints. Even if this game doesn't exist yet, my examples still do and they show that Nintendo has changed over the years.
lol i wasn't referring to franklin. You never adressed anything i said and i never stated racism alone. I clearly said controversial speech. In my book that means more then racism. You didn't proces any games that shows Nintendo are okay with controversial games. I already gave you enough examples why those games aren't controversial in Nintendo's book but you also ignore that multiple times. I'll say it one last time. You as a player aren't committing controversial things in those games you mentioned. In games like gta5 or hatred you do as the player itself. You can't seem to get that and ignore that over and over and over again. Well this is my last comment since i'm done with a useless argument about a game that doesn't even exist on the platform and i already said multiple times it is my opinion and i could Always be wrong. So please let me have my opinion you fanny boy. THX

DreIceAge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at the minimum PC requirements for GTA5 and it looks like Rockstar could make the game 1080p docked but that would require a larger file size. I don't see that happening even if Nintendo lent them their superior texture compression technology. They will probably aim for 720p docked and undocked. Even though LA Noir will be 1080p docked there's way too much going on in GTAV in comparison.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am i the only one who despised the OST of GTA V? i only liked 3-5 songs from the entire OST which is unusual for me. I practically fell in love with the OSTs of GTA VC/VCS/LCS/SA/IV/EFLC and especially GTA iii. Hell i even found GTA Advance's main theme catchy but GTA V just had a really shitty soundtrack in my opinion.

All i remember from GTA V was travelling from one mission to the next whilst listening to "Fergie Glamorous", that was one of the few songs i recognized and enjoyed.

I think R* missed the feel of the game when it came to the soundtrack because past GTAs like SA and VC really took music from their time in order to make the setting feel more realistic and it worked. SA which was set in the 90s had all that gangsta rap which i love and VC had the mushy 80s music which i will never forget. But V was a disappointment when it came to music in my opinion.
I don't remember much music from GTA4 or GTA5. Music-wise, I had a more memorable time with Vice City and San Andreas. Maybe its because this game had 3 different protagonist that made the themes more spread out and generic. The trailer music was good though.

Last edited by DreIceAge,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I just looked at the minimum PC requirements for GTA5 and it looks like Rockstar could make the game 1080p docked but that would require a larger file size. I don't see that happening even if Nintendo lent them their superior texture compression technology. They will probably aim for 720p docked and undocked. Even though LA Noir will be 1080p docked there's way too much going on in GTAV in comparison.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't remember much music from GTA4 or GTA5. Music-wise, I had a more memorable time with Vice City and San Andreas. Maybe its because this game had 3 different protagonist that made the themes more spread out and generic. The trailer music was good though.

Yeah! that is what i mean, there were only 3-5 songs that i enjoyed in GTA V and 2 of them were the ones from the trailer lol.

One thing that I loved was how R* would auto play certain songs during missions in the older games, like in GTA VCS in the mission called "from zero to hero" they set it up so that "Dio Holy diver" would start playing. And that worked perfectly since that song works with what that mission is about. But That is just one example from that game where they auto selected music that would start playing during specific missions and it worked! the last game they did this with was GTA LCS. IV onwards just had a radio station and you had freedom over it but there were no auto play songs anymore which sucked imo!

I just wish we could see them return to this in future entries. I want them to auto select music that will play during certain missions as well as selecting GOOD music that spans a variety of genres so that there is something for everyone. I generally like ALL genes of music but GTA V just diddnt have much in terms of music that i digged.:mellow:

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You as a player aren't committing controversial things in those games you mentioned. In games like gta5 or hatred you do as the player itself
What? I know now that you didn't play GTA CW, because there's an actual mission where you kidnap someone to have his heart removed from his chest and you are suggesting that's not an issue? Also again, you are the one selling these drugs an issue that I showed was indeed considered a controversial act committed by your character. Both game examples, there are clear examples of controversial subjects, symbols, languages, excessive amounts of violence, ect. I showed you clear examples that Nintendo does indeed allow on their systems.
So I guess I could just leave it here with a one final note. I grew up in New England, I haven't heard that term in years. But I am a girl actually, so I guess I am a "fanny girl." :P
But I will leave this to agreeing to disagree

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What? I know now that you didn't play GTA CW, because there's an actual mission where you kidnap someone to have his heart removed from his chest and you are suggesting that's not an issue? Also again, you are the one selling these drugs an issue that I showed was indeed considered a controversial act committed by your character. Both game examples, there are clear examples of controversial subjects, symbols, languages, excessive amounts of violence, ect. I showed you clear examples that Nintendo does indeed allow on their systems.
So I guess I could just leave it here with a one final note. I grew up in New England, I haven't heard that term in years. But I am a girl actually, so I guess I am a "fanny girl." :P
But I will leave this to agreeing to disagree
enjoy your useless last word + useless discussion. Enjoy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I am pretty sure if they don’t port GTA V to the system, then it will either be VI or a spinoff. Personally I hope to see a spinoff before GTA VI. CW was one of my favorite DS games

DreIceAge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! that is what i mean, there were only 3-5 songs that i enjoyed in GTA V and 2 of them were the ones from the trailer lol.

One thing that I loved was how R* would auto play certain songs during missions in the older games, like in GTA VCS in the mission called "from zero to hero" they set it up so that "Dio Holy diver" would start playing. And that worked perfectly since that song works with what that mission is about. But That is just one example from that game where they auto selected music that would start playing during specific missions and it worked! the last game they did this with was GTA LCS. IV onwards just had a radio station and you had freedom over it but there were no auto play songs anymore which sucked imo!

I just wish we could see them return to this in future entries. I want them to auto select music that will play during certain missions as well as selecting GOOD music that spans a variety of genres so that there is something for everyone. I generally like ALL genes of music but GTA V just diddnt have much in terms of music that i digged.:mellow:
I remember some of the autoplay music from GtA3 as well. That may be why I don't remember much from 4 and 5. Wow. Music is really important in setting the mood lol.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)