Gaming Let's go Pikachu Fake NSP.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a fake NSP going around of Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! If you see any NSP of if (before release) DO NOT DOWNLOAD/INSTALL IT! People have reported that it put their switch in a bootloop/crashes infinitely.

Credit goes to @Creatable for reporting it on WNX before people got their switches bricked.
Screenshot_20181113-184342_Discord.jpg

Wait for a proper NSP or buy the game.

EDIT: Always make a NAND Backup. Especially because now people can make fake NSPs of games. This will probably happen for Smash Ultimate as well so be extra careful downloading NSPs. Especially before release!

UPDATE: @Creatable has been suspended (for spreading the NSP) and @JellyPerson has been banned for the same reason.

UPDATE 2: https://old.reddit.com/r/Drama/comm...e_rom_of_an_upcoming/?st=joixkous&sh=8bbec5c3

It's on r/drama peeps.

Last edited by Essasetic,

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Must be super unfortunate for those who haven't made a backup. Honestly it would be awesome if someone made a payload that forced you to make a backup before you can boot CFW.
I've actually seen someone who hasn't made a NAND Backup and who has installed this. He has a €400 paperweight now. Feel sorry for the poor guy :(

blobdabman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually seen someone who hasn't made a NAND Backup and who has installed this. He has a €400 paperweight now. Feel sorry for the poor guy :(
That must suck. Honestly though, if they haven't made a backup they kind of deserve it, but then again it is $300/€400. Kinda really does suck.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rei/ScriesM or heck even TX/garyopa if you're reading this. Please put an option for first time users or when you upgrade CFW to prompt them to backup their NAND with an option to do so. It should be made automatically enabled but you can disable it manually.

blobdabman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rei/ScriesM or heck even TX/garyopa if you're reading this. Please put an option for first time users or when you upgrade CFW to prompt them to backup their NAND with an option to do so. It should be made automatically enabled but you can disable it manually.
Theoretically speaking, it should be super easy to make a mod of Hekate that does this on its own.
An idea here would be to include a string in the cfg, and if it's labeled false you have to make a NAND backup to proceed.
Obviously easy to bypass, but still another measure to make everyone backup their NAND. Honestly if you're going to hack ANYTHING, make a full backup. If you haven't yet and you're reading this, get off of the site and go do it.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What about the XCI floating around?
It doesn't matter how the title is launched. If you launch it, it bricks. NSP or XCI.

That said, even though I have some NAND backups this has inspired me to make a new one. Is it enough to just backup the SYSTEM partition if I have to restore my console?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I agree. As I've said before I personally audit every NSP I install with hactool beforehand. But most people aren't as paranoid as I am.
The unfortunate truth is that it might not be paranoia, but a necessary reaction. Being cautious isn't a problem, I don't think.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over