Hacking Let's give them some incentive ...

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did give exploit, reading is good.

No they didn't. They have their Wii-Mode exploit, they didn't give the WiiU-Mode one.[/quote]
Yeah, it ended up being what Megazig said, well, a SHOT at that; linux over vWii then some effort to get access to Wii U processors. Might be simplifying too much here though.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, interesting to see what threads people were last visiting. Sometimes people used "Root bounties" or "Unlock bounties" to ENTICE Android scene members to find an exploit/unlock. Interesting that some people visited this thread within the last hour;-) For GBAfail, some sure to notice this stuff;-) Maybe somebody with marcan's ear should ask if a bounty would "motivate" them/him. $5 here, $10 there, it adds up. Sometimes people with a LOT of money would say, "$250 upon delivery" then use paypal (usually). I suggested this in a thread but had no interest. Marcan may be rich and even money...even money just won't build interest. Make some money, shows appreciation, then once "ecosystem" is going he can just consult because he is expert. Too imaginative?

Idea I had, dumb as I am, and ignorant, is once in, need to prevent updates, then maybe with update scraper, IF it can be worked out, use that to update by users offline. Like 360 scene did. NO offense, I only wanted info and that was given. THANKS for that. Anyway, time for bed.

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, interesting to see what threads people were last visiting. Sometimes people used "Root bounties" or "Unlock bounties" to ENTICE Android scene members to find an exploit/unlock. Interesting that some people visited this thread within the last hour;-) For GBAfail, some sure to notice this stuff;-) Maybe somebody with marcan's ear should ask if a bounty would "motivate" them/him. $5 here, $10 there, it adds up. Sometimes people with a LOT of money would say, "$250 upon delivery" then use paypal (usually). I suggested this in a thread but had no interest. Marcan may be rich and even money...even money just won't build interest. Make some money, shows appreciation, then once "ecosystem" is going he can just consult because he is expert. Too imaginative?

Idea I had, dumb as I am, and ignorant, is once in, need to prevent updates, then maybe with update scraper, IF it can be worked out, use that to update by users offline. Like 360 scene did. NO offense, I only wanted info and that was given. THANKS for that. Anyway, time for bed.

This.

But this thread is slowly derailing. If there is any hope of establishing a fund for these devs, then someone needs to be chosen.
I don't know enough about the scene to know which nominations are serious and which are phony.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fail0verflow and friends are unlikely to be motivated by small amounts of money. No idea whether someone else would be :)

p.s. the only reason I'm spending time on gbatemp is to cause drama
Well, isn't that the whole reason why GBA Temp exists? :rofl2:

They did give an exploit, reading is good.
Did I miss something? I just thought that he had bait as a test and was waiting to see if people were interested.

the_randomizer is a wildcard and has mood swings all over the place. I would not put him in charge of anything like this.
I won't deny that. :rolleyes: Is that a challenge? I bet you anything I can go at least 72 hours without a freak out, especially since Wii U hacking isn't completely ruled out. ;)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, isn't that the whole reason why GBA Temp exists? :rofl2:

Did I miss something? I just thought that he had bait as a test and was waiting to see if people were interested.

I won't deny that. :rolleyes: Is that a challenge? I bet you anything I can go at least 72 hours without a freak out, especially since Wii U hacking isn't completely ruled out. ;)
He gave a starting point, others must walk the road from there, lol.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He gave a starting point, others must walk the road from there, lol.

Okay, I thought I missed something, but I did read that part. Funny thing about his post, I didn't get all that lost in when he was talking about the hardware and how the CPU worked, etc. To some it's Greek, to others, it's second nature or at least it's something not totally foreign. :P

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I thought I missed something, but I did read that part. Funny thing about his post, I didn't get all that lost in when he was talking about the hardware and how the CPU worked, etc. To some it's Greek, to others, it's second nature or at least it's something not totally foreign. :P
Made perfect sense to me. I have no ability to code/reverse but I comprehend what is stated. Like reading Spanish but not being able to speak it fluently. I can read it, comprehend what it is for, what explanations mean (big picture, macro view), BUT the details are where I am weak on. No nice hardware tools, no experience using them, no true ability to get into that level.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made perfect sense to me. I have no ability to code/reverse but I comprehend what is stated. Like reading Spanish but not being able to speak it fluently. I can read it, comprehend what it is for, what explanations mean (big picture, macro view), BUT the details are where I am weak on. No nice hardware tools, no experience using them, no true ability to get into that level.

Perhaps now it would be time for me to dive into learning C/C+/C#, as it's a hobby I want to get into. That, and ASM. I'm the same way, I have next to no programming skills, but I'm not unwilling to learn it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool