Hacking Discussion Let the bannings begin

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems like the banning season has started. Curious how this happened to someone's unmodified device, although this person has other devices which are used to research vulnerabilities.

Has anyone else heard of something similar?

https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/997943688922779648?s=19

There's like, *no info* on this error code either, which is odd. Curious if it's something weird with payment, my new apt's IP or maybe they just specifically targeted me? Super funky.

Won't hear from them for another few days but if they do I'll update here I guess. Gonna go get food or something since I can't woomy rn. TL;DR, can't eShop, can't online, can't friends, can't post, news is fine, updating apps is fine.

Won't hear from them for another few days but if they do I'll update here I guess. Gonna go get food or something since I can't woomy rn. TL;DR, can't eShop, can't online, can't friends, can't post, news is fine, updating apps is fine.

I CAN PICK SIDES BUT I CAN'T FIGHT WHAT KIND OF SPECIAL HELL IS THIS https://t.co/lyiDeDTtb8

Worst-case scenario I can just swap my console's identities but I'm really curious what set this off and if they'll even unban.

More at: https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/997934383855161344?s=09

UPDATE:
TL;DR The Switch in question was actually modified at some point in the past, and also CDN used for that account...:
https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/997979612217917440
https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/998083461637271552
... or libnx errors being reported:
https://twitter.com/shinyquagsire/status/997979153688244224?s=21

UPDATE 2 (22/05/18):
Another one bites the dust, in this case, @SciresM: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/998855817511165953

UPATE 3 (23/05/18):
The cause seems to be messing around with CDN: https://twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/999080761679536128

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire
Banning status update, another unit in our circle banned, this one didn't touch hbl but its cert messed with CDN so it probably isn't libnx errors, I guess we'll know if those end up causing bans or not at some point.

Shiny Quagsire‏ @ShinyQuagsire 9h9 hours ago
I'm a little confused about this though, my console wasn't banned on May 8 and between then and Saturday it got banned? So if it *was* CDN it would have been retroactive, I was too busy with school during that time. Could just be one of many triggers though, hard to know really.​

Last edited by realjumy,

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice.
Did you read that his switch is not even hacked...
The tweet says the console was unmodified. No more details about having used any exploit in the past. Also, there's another tweet where is being questioned if the ban targeted the particular profile used (the profile could have been used in a modified console).

What I'm curious about is what methods can be used to identify users modifying the console. Is any trace left behind after the use of Fusèe? Because if that's the case, using the same user in modified and unmodified consoles are also a risk.

Last edited by realjumy,

svensonic1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo got ahold of some people their emails who preordered Xecuter stuff on a specific website, people who ordered stuff from PSNGames got banned aswell during this wave and it seems the certificate download stuff aswell.
More I can't say yet.

Edit: Can confirm PSNGames on specific accounts because someone I know has a banned console now aswell.
Edit 2: Just checked my Switch with a game from PSNGames and it seems I'm safe.
Edit 3: Don't take my word on it by the way, the PSNGames ban is only 2 I have seen reported one from here and one yesterday of someone else, lets wait how this plays out.

Last edited by svensonic1,
Reactions: realjumy

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo got ahold of some people their emails who preordered Xecuter stuff on a specific website, people who ordered stuff from PSNGames got banned aswell during this wave and it seems the certificate download stuff aswell.
More I can't say yet.

Edit: Can confirm PSNGames on specific accounts because someone I know has a banned console now aswell.
That's interesting.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More I can't say yet.

Edit 3: Don't take my word on it by the way, the PSNGames ban is only 2 I have seen reported one from here and one yesterday of someone else, lets wait how this plays out.

This entire post is complete nonsense. Please don't post obvious falsehoods here.

That said, buying stolen accounts is a good way to get banned. On all platforms. But that's not what's going on, and no one has been banned for anything having to do with Xecuter.

Last edited by blahblah,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good thing Nintendo online is trash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More I can't say yet.

Lol this is utter nonsense

So Nintendo illegally hacked a site, got their emails and started banning them?

Who makes this shit up?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Who makes this shit up?
will lets say that they did we would never find out because they would not tell anyone. Its illegal kinda why they want tell anyone.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are so dumb. They bought games which are on stolen accounts on psngames.org and wonder why they get banned.

IDIOTS

Screenshot_20180519-180908.png

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Who makes this shit up?

I don't think Nintendo hacked anything. It's more plausible they have a way to detect something in your console. Even if your console is brand new, if you use your profile in a modified one, can be a ban risk.

Can they, for example, check how many times the device has been booted into recovery mode?

Reactions: killplaystation

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More I can't say yet.

You're a damn fool if you think Nintendo won't notice that you're using stolen account. You deserve to get banned.

This has nothing to do with xexuter. This is purely related psngames.org.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Pretty curious, I haven't even used a single Switch game downloader in my entire life. Pretty much emulation is the only thing on my mind right now when it comes to Switch hacking.

Reactions: jimmyj

realjumy

Woooosh!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possible check in the OS that RCM mode been activated?

EDIT: Derp, re-read the tweet
Do mean the part where not-hacked Switch is mentioned? What I'm asking is if there's a possibility of this happening because that profile has been used in a modified one.

Weirdly, looking the error code online, there have been cases of this back in February, that's before the hack became public no?
https://nintendoradar.com/forums/topic/88053-nintendo-switch-error-2124-4007/
https://en-americas-support.nintend...zNFlFWUppQXVGTXAlN0VMclZQdjBUbUtsdyUyMSUyMQ==
I read also something about a Korean guy which used eshops from other countries. Can that be the cause?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?