Hacking Lesshax

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to try out lesshax, downloaded and replaced the payload, renamed boot.3dsx to less.3dsx and now every time it boots in Homebrew Launcher when I hold L, not Gateway. The cfg is the same as it was before, pointing at gw.3dsx, so why does it go to homebrew?

Also, how do I access ctrbootmanager menu, and how do I boot into Gateway without pressing anything at all, straight on boot? Thanks.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to try out lesshax, downloaded and replaced the payload, renamed boot.3dsx to less.3dsx and now every time it boots in Homebrew Launcher when I hold L, not Gateway. The cfg is the same as it was before, pointing at gw.3dsx, so why does it go to homebrew?

Also, how do I access ctrbootmanager menu, and how do I boot into Gateway without pressing anything at all, straight on boot? Thanks.
The cfg has nothing to do with the payload. Your ctrbootmanager has its own 3dsx and it uses the boot.cfg. The lesshax payload now points at boot.3dsx, which is homebrew launcher normally. Probably your other payload before was edited and pointed to the bootmanagers 3dsx instead, which is probably called different. You need to hex edit your lesshax payload and replace boot.3dsx with whatever your ctrbootmanager 3dsx is called.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: Kibido

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
auto.3dsx? Possible?
Well only you know what you called your ctrbootmanager and how you edited your original payload. If in doubt open up your old payload that you hopefully backed up and look which 3dsx it loads. Then change the filename to this in the lesshax payload and you're good to go.

Reactions: Kibido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...