Lesshax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I wanted to try out lesshax, downloaded and replaced the payload, renamed boot.3dsx to less.3dsx and now every time it boots in Homebrew Launcher when I hold L, not Gateway. The cfg is the same as it was before, pointing at gw.3dsx, so why does it go to homebrew?

Also, how do I access ctrbootmanager menu, and how do I boot into Gateway without pressing anything at all, straight on boot? Thanks.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Please post your boot.cfg :)

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The cfg has nothing to do with the payload. Your ctrbootmanager has its own 3dsx and it uses the boot.cfg. The lesshax payload now points at boot.3dsx, which is homebrew launcher normally. Probably your other payload before was edited and pointed to the bootmanagers 3dsx instead, which is probably called different. You need to hex edit your lesshax payload and replace boot.3dsx with whatever your ctrbootmanager 3dsx is called.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Jun 20, 2016
    Kibido likes this.
  4. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    auto.3dsx? Possible?

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well only you know what you called your ctrbootmanager and how you edited your original payload. If in doubt open up your old payload that you hopefully backed up and look which 3dsx it loads. Then change the filename to this in the lesshax payload and you're good to go.

Kibido likes this.