Lenovo Legion Play - Android alternative to Steam Deck

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently, this was supposed to be a thing and then never announced.

mMkp9sS.jpg

https://www.androidauthority.com/lenovo-legion-play-3033467

Wonder if they shelved it or decided it wasn't good enough and needed improving?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame that it did not come out. I'm still trying to find a good portable to get for my wife so that she can use for Steam Link. She's already used to Android so an Android portable that she could carry around with TV output and access to video apps would have been perfect. Most portables I see on the market skimp on RAM (1 GB is laughable in 2021). I know the Odin exist but the damn thing is closer to 200. Justified, yes but in this case I need a gateway portable not the whole package. Then again, Legion Play might be in the same price range as Odin. I'll go as high as 150 (including shipping) for a Android portable but that's it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Based on the blurb I don't imagine this would've been a cheap system. They mention HDR10 and AAA gaming (maybe they meant only streaming).

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Legion looks alight, anything that provides a more open ecosystems is a good thing with me.

Shame that it did not come out. I'm still trying to find a good portable to get for my wife so that she can use for Steam Link. She's already used to Android so an Android portable that she could carry around with TV output and access to video apps would have been perfect. Most portables I see on the market skimp on RAM (1 GB is laughable in 2021). I know the Odin exist but the damn thing is closer to 200. Justified, yes but in this case I need a gateway portable not the whole package. Then again, Legion Play might be in the same price range as Odin. I'll go as high as 150 (including shipping) for a Android portable but that's it.

An android phone w/controller is your best bet tbh. This week, I set up my old Nexus 6P as a retro/streaming device. Runs everything up to PSP solidly. Form factor will be compromised but there's not much alternative.

Reactions: LightyKD

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lenovo products have always been subpar. Wouldn't have even breathed in this things direction.

Yes, it really bothered me back in the day when they basically destroyed the IBM brand. I still think of PCs as being IBM-compatibles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: