LEGO Harry Potter Year 1-4 demo footage

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those itching for a new LEGO game, the Harry Potter version of the series will be coming soon. It will apparently be split up into two games, part 1 covering years 1-4, part 2 covering years 5-7. There's apparently a demo available on Xbox, so here's some footage of it being played-

Obviously, this was a perfect franchise to LEGO-ify due to the diverse cast of characters and cool places to explore. And the magic element adds a nice bit of variety to the series, not unlike the force except with a larger array of uses. But underneath it all, still looks like the same game over and over again. I'll probably play this game due to being a Harry Potter fan and because i like the LEGO series, but in all honesty, the series is getting really bland and redundant.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is coming out on all systems June 29th. This includes PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, PSP, Wii, DS, and PC. You can probably download this demo from Xbox Live as it was released on the 7th. Another will be on PSN later this month.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LEGO Star Wars 3 is coming soon too, later this year. Based on the Clone Wars thingy. Not sure how great that will turn out.

I personally love these games, even if they're the same usually. Because they're awesome fun for me, but differ enough between each new game to not be a complete bore. Sorta like Fire Emblem, I guess.

I'm lookin' forward to playing this with my nieces
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though the vid was for the console version, I can see already that this will be "more of the same" on the DS. I got tired of that formula after the last LEGO Star Wars game. Never did bother with Batman and Indy beyond my finding the "same-same-same" formula being used again and just quitting out of tedium.

But I like The Harry Potter stories (shut up), so I might give this a go when it's released. Don't know if I'll get passed the been-there-done-that feeling though.

Trust me, when YOU hit 40 years old, the been-there-done-that's in gaming will get to you too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder- the DS version is different this time. It's more of a 2D based game with a kind of isometric viewpoint, not unlike the GBA Lego Star Wars games. Seems to be stylus driven as well.

lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-20100517064938373_640w.jpg
lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-20100517064937748_640w.jpg

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played the demo yesterday and the only thing moderately entertaining to me was seeing voldemort eating the unicorn with a knife and fork :/ made me lol but the gameplay is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up