Hacking Question Legit Eshop game

layzMich3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, lately lots of you been super helpful and almost found all the info I've been looking for before hacking my Switch. I've been having another question which sadly I did not find any answer for and was hoping some of you guys could shed some light.

I want to start by saying that I am not going to make an emuNand and use everything of the original partition, I do not mind if the Switch gets banned as I have another 2 devices I will be using for my legit play. Now, that said, I do not want it to get banned in 2 hours just because I am stupid.

I have been thinking about using the same Nintendo account on the hacked Switch (I've read that most of the risk is console ban and not account ban) and making it a secondary device where it needs to check for the license over the internet to play games. I will be downloading these games using the eShop on OFW, and playing on them offline on CFW (mostly for cheating purposes, etc..). Now since it needs to check for the license because the console is set as a secondary device, and I do not want to connect to the internet using CFW is there any workaround to "bypass" the license check? It is something integrated into SX OS? Is there something I can do to make it act like it's the primary device?

There might have been something about the topic, I might have missed it, I tried searching. If anyone's forwards me for a place with an answer that would be awesome too.

Edit: Yes, I know I can download NSP/XCI files and use these instead, but these just raise the ban risk and detection by Nintendo (from what I read at least). I know it's confusing when I say "I do not care about it being banned" and then say stuff like that, just trying to lower the risk while doing the things I want with convenience is what I am looking for honestly. :)

Thank you!

Last edited by layzMich3l,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys, lately lots of you been super helpful and almost found all the info I've been looking for before hacking my Switch. I've been having another question which sadly I did not find any answer for and was hoping some of you guys could shed some light.

I want to start by saying that I am not going to make an emuNand and use everything of the original partition, I do not mind if the Switch gets banned as I have another 2 devices I will be using for my legit play. Now, that said, I do not want it to get banned in 2 hours just because I am stupid.

I have been thinking about using the same Nintendo account on the hacked Switch (I've read that most of the risk is console ban and not account ban) and making it a secondary device where it needs to check for the license over the internet to play games. I will be downloading these games using the eShop on OFW, and playing on them offline on CFW (mostly for cheating purposes, etc..). Now since it needs to check for the license because the console is set as a secondary device, and I do not want to connect to the internet using CFW is there any workaround to "bypass" the license check? It is something integrated into SX OS? Is there something I can do to make it act like it's the primary device?

There might have been something about the topic, I might have missed it, I tried searching. If anyone's forwards me for a place with an answer that would be awesome too.

Edit: Yes, I know I can download NSP/XCI files and use these instead, but these just raise the ban risk and detection by Nintendo (from what I read at least). I know it's confusing when I say "I do not care about it being banned" and then say stuff like that, just trying to lower the risk while doing the things I want with convenience is what I am looking for honestly. :)

Thank you!
If you want to use cheats, homebrew and other hackery stuff on your cfw and at the same time download legit games from eShop AND NOT GET BANNED without emunand (and without blocking nintendo servers, cause you stated that you want to play legit games form eShop), then you need to choose here... If you really don't want to get banned, use offline emunand for hacks and roms, and ofw for your official stuff. You won't avoid ban if you want to use eShop and at the same time do hacks like save editing/mods or cheats..You have to choose here. If you still don't want to use emunand and don't want to get banned, but use cheats and all that stuff, you will have to block ninty servers with https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM, but you won't be able to use eShop then. So... The best choice is emunand of course, but it's all up to you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might as well just keep the CFW unit for all your backup stuffs, and play your legal stuffs on the other two units, it is impossible to run legit purchase games from the eshop and expect not to get a ban.

layzMich3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use cheats, homebrew and other hackery stuff on your cfw and at the same time download legit games from eShop AND NOT GET BANNED without emunand (and without blocking nintendo servers, cause you stated that you want to play legit games form eShop), then you need to choose here... If you really don't want to get banned, use offline emunand for hacks and roms, and ofw for your official stuff. You won't avoid ban if you want to use eShop and at the same time do hacks like save editing/mods or cheats..You have to choose here. If you still don't want to use emunand and don't want to get banned, but use cheats and all that stuff, you will have to block ninty servers with https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM, but you won't be able to use eShop then. So... The best choice is emunand of course, but it's all up to you.

You might as well just keep the CFW unit for all your backup stuffs, and play your legal stuffs on the other two units, it is impossible to run legit purchase games from the eshop and expect not to get a ban.

Nah, I understand that I will eventually be banned if I use EShop (practically going online) the second I use CFW on my Switch. But from what I have read, some things have higher detection rate\faster bans than other things.

Honestly, the only reason I am looking to "not get banned" is the convenience of downloading the games I already own to cheat on offline directly from the EShop, that's it - until I get banned from online services is what I mean, lol.

Let's put the "banned" or "not banned" situation aside. I do not care if eventually it's banned or not.
Is there any way to bypass the license check when running a game on CFW if the games are downloaded from EShop?

tldr; I will be playing most of my games on my legit Switch (the primary one), just wondering if there is any way to start games without checks on the hacked one.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I understand that I will eventually be banned if I use EShop (practically going online) the second I use CFW on my Switch. But from what I have read, some things have higher detection rate\faster bans than other things.

Honestly, the only reason I am looking to "not get banned" is the convenience of downloading the games I already own to cheat on offline directly from the EShop, that's it - until I get banned from online services is what I mean, lol.

Let's put the "banned" or "not banned" situation aside. I do not care if eventually it's banned or not.
Is there any way to bypass the license check when running a game on CFW if the games are downloaded from EShop?

tldr; I will be playing most of my games on my legit Switch (the primary one), just wondering if there is any way to start games without checks on the hacked one.

Don't think so, you have to be online for the secondary unit to access the game content If I remember correctly.

layzMich3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think so, you have to be online for the secondary unit to access the game content If I remember correctly.
Gotcha. So another question, since NSP files are just dumps of eShop downloads (games, DLC's, updates, etc..) how is it that they do not have a check when running them through CFW? Are they edited somehow to bypass the checks? Is it not something built inside of CFW?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. So another question, since NSP files are just dumps of eShop downloads (games, DLC's, updates, etc..) how is it that they do not have a check when running them through CFW? Are they edited somehow to bypass the checks? Is it not something built inside of CFW?

It is unsigned, you need signature patches in order to run NSP format games, the issue isn't the format of the games. Nintendo changed the way they detect if a game was legit or not, running CFW and playing online would just get your system ban from online service, more severe they would do an account ban, so be aware of them.

layzMich3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is unsigned, you need signature patches in order to run NSP format games, the issue isn't the format of the games. Nintendo changed the way they detect if a game was legit or not, running CFW and playing online would just get your system ban from online service, more severe they would do an account ban, so be aware of them.
I am not planning on playing online(on the hacked Switch). I am planning on playing offline and cheating because I like cheating haha
What I have read is in order to play NSP files you need sig patches, but SX OS says it does need sig patches.(correct me if I am wrong). Does that change anything regarding my situation or should I just start downloading NSP\XCI files of games I want to play?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not planning on playing online(on the hacked Switch). I am planning on playing offline and cheating because I like cheating haha
What I have read is in order to play NSP files you need sig patches, but SX OS says it does need sig patches.(correct me if I am wrong). Does that change anything regarding my situation or should I just start downloading NSP files of games I want to play?

Just download your NSP, the issue here would be that you wouldn't be able to sync your save.

There is a guide to transfer your save data around but it is a hassle.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

layzMich3l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download your NSP, the issue here would be that you wouldn't be able to sync your save.

There is a guide to transfer your save data around but it is a hassle.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/
I am not going to have any previous save files of games I want to cheat on (or I just don't care enough about those), so that would not be a problem for me. Thank you. I will just get NSP files of the games I want and use these. I appreciate your insight! Have a great one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol